Ricardo Phipps Ph.D.
- Ph.D., Counselor Education, University of Mississippi (University, Mississippi)
- M.S., Community Counseling, Jackson State University (Jackson, Mississippi)
- M.Div., Theology, Notre Dame Seminary (New Orleans, Louisiana)
- B.A., Mathematics and History, Rice University (Houston, Texas)
- Stevenson University, Dean—School of Humanities and Social Sciences, 2022—present
- Coppin State University, Chair—Department of Psychology, Counseling, and Behavioral Health, 2021-2022
- The Chicago School of Professional Psychology (Washington, DC), Director of Clinical Training and Assistant Professor, 2019-2021
- Marymount University—Part Time Staff Counselor (2019-2020), Assistant Director of Student Counseling Services (2018-2019)
- LaSalle University—Assistant Professor of Counseling (2016-2018)
- Phipps, R. (2022). Pride and prejudice: Teacher autonomy and parent rights in the incorporation of LGBTQ+ studies in K-12 education. Journal of Academic Freedom, 13, 1-14. https://www.aaup.org/JAF13/teacher-autonomy-parent-rights-lgbtq-studies#.Y5JP0HbMKUk
- Phipps, R. (2022). Anticipatory traumatic reaction as a framework for understanding the response of children and adolescents to the Russia-Ukraine military conflict. Journal of Psychology and Behavioral Science, 10(1), 74-81. https://doi.org/10.15640.jpbs.v10n1a1
- Phipps, R., Stivers, R., Dawson, V., & Harris, J. (2022). Thematic analysis of intergenerational transmission of trauma in Latinx immigrant families in the Southern US. International Journal for the Advancement of Counselling, 44(2), 298-317. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10447-022-09467-z
- Phipps, R., & Thorne, S. (2018). Utilizing Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy as a framework for addressing cultural trauma in African American children and adolescents: A Proposal. The Professional Counselor, 9(1), 35-50. https://doi.org/10.15241/rp.9.1.35
- Phipps, R. (2017). Black and biracial identity development theories. In W. Killiam & S. Degges-White (Eds.). College student development: Applying theory to practice on the diverse campus (pp. 111-121). Springer
- Reysen, R., Perryman, M., & Phipps, R. (2017). Theories of moral development. In W. Killiam & S. Degges-White (Eds.). College student development: Applying theory to practice on the diverse campus (pp. 65-74). Springer.
- Turnage-Butterbaugh, I., Sami, W., & Phipps, R. (2017). Perry’s theory of moral development. In W. Killiam & Degges-White (Eds.). College student development: Applying theory to practice on the diverse campus (pp. 75-88). Springer.
- Phipps, R. (2016). Culturally diverse women. In W. Killiam, S. Degges-White, & R. Michel (Eds.). Career counseling interventions: Practice with diverse clients. Springer.
- Phipps, R., & Degges-White, S. (2014). A new look at transgenerational trauma transmission: Second generation Hispanic immigrants. Journal of Multicultural Counseling & Development, 42(3), 174-187. https://doi.org/10.1002/j.2161-1912.2014.00053.x
- Miller-Roach, K., & Phipps, R. (2013). OCD: Signs of and interventions for college students. In S. Degges-White & C. Borzumato-Gainey (Eds.). College Student Mental Health Counseling: A Developmental Approach (pp. 301-317). Springer.
DISCLAIMER: The content of this faculty profile page was created, authored, and published by the identified faculty member. Stevenson University (SU) makes absolutely no guarantee as to the currency, accuracy, or quality of information published. The views and opinions expressed on this page or any links made available are strictly those of the author and do not necessarily state or reflect those of SU. The content of this profile page has not been reviewed or approved by Stevenson University.