Laurel Moody MS, MSN, RN, CNE
- Master of Science in Nursing (2012)
Leadership/ Management Concentration
Stevenson University, Graduate School of Professional Studies
- Master of Science in Health Care Administration (1997)
University of Maryland University College, Graduate School of Applied Management and Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (1982)
University of Maryland School of Nursing, Baltimore, Maryland.
POST-GRADUATE EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Johns Hopkins School of Nursing, Baltimore, Maryland. Discovering Leadership for the Future: Academic Leadership Academy (2015)
- Indiana University of Pennsylvania, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. Department of Nursing and Allied Health Professions– Faculty Development in Nursing Education (2013)
- University of Maryland School of Nursing, Baltimore, Maryland.
- Institute for Educators in Nursing and Health Professions (2012-2013)
- 2012 – Present: Assistant Professor – Nursing, Stevenson University
- 1999 – 2012: Health Services Specialist, Baltimore County Public Schools
- 1997 – 1999: Secondary School Nurse, Baltimore County Public Schools
- 1995 – 1997: Patient Care Coordinator, R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center University of Maryland Medical System
- 1989 – 1995: Senior Partner Multi-Trauma Critical Care Unit, R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center University of Maryland Medical System
- 1985 – 1989: Home Health Nurse (Part-Time), Bay Area Home Health Care, Inc.
- 1984 – 1988: Primary Nurse II Intensive Care Unit, R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center University of Maryland Medical System
- 1984: Primary Nurse I Intensive Care Unit, R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center University of Maryland Medical System
- 1982 – 1984: Nurse Clinician I – Medical and Surgical Unit, Division of Maternal & Child Health, The University of Maryland Hospital
- 2021 – Publication pending: Contributing Author: Chapter 15 – Patient Management – The Cardiovascular System in Morton, Patricia Editor: Critical Care Nursing: A Holistic Approach New 12th Edition – Wolter Kluwer Publisher.
- 2015 – Lead Editor – Guidelines for Emergency Care in Maryland Schools, 2nd Ed. Maryland State School Health Services Guideline. Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE) and the Maryland State Department of Health (MDH).
- 2012 – Headphones Use and Pedestrian Injury and Death in the United States: 2004- 2011, Lichenstein, R., Smith, DC, Ambrose, JL & Moody, L. Injury Prevention. doi:101136/injuryprev-2011-040161.
- 2005 – Co-authored Guide for Emergency Care in Maryland Schools Maryland State School Health Services Guideline. Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE) and the State Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DHMH).
- 1990 – Moody, LA. Pulmonary Embolism. In Welton RH, Shane KA, (eds). Case Studies in Trauma Nursing. Baltimore: Williams & Wilkens 1990:11.
- 1990 – Moody, LA. Myocardial Contusion. In Welton RH, Shane KA, (eds). Case Studies in Trauma Nursing. Baltimore: Williams & Wilkens 1990:12.
Traditional Undergraduate Courses
- NURS 405: Caring for Vulnerable Populations in the Community
- NURS 470: Complex Medical/Surgical Nursing III
- RNBS & ATB Course
- NURS 424: Health in the Community
- 2020 – Nationally Certified Nurse Educator (CNE), National League for Nursing (NLN), Washington, D.C. (Initial Certification 2015).
- 2020 – Dr. Rose Dawson – Full-Time Faculty Excellence in Teaching Award Stevenson University, Owings Mills, Maryland.
- 2019 – National Residence Hall Honorary – Faculty / Staff Award Stevenson University, Owings Mills, Maryland.
- 2018 – STOP-THE-BLEED Instructor Trainer, Maryland EMS American College of Surgeons/Committee on Trauma.
- 2017 – Opioid Overdose Response Trainer, Narcan Administration, Baltimore County Department of Health, Towson, Maryland.
- 2016 – State of Maryland Star of Life Award – Maryland EMS Children Award, Maryland Institute for Emergency Medical Services Systems (MIEMSS).
- 2013 – The DAISY Foundation Nursing Faculty Award, American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN), Stevenson University/The DAISY Foundation.
- First Aid Instructor Trainer – American Safety & Health Institute (ASHI), Paramedical Personnel of Maryland (PPM), Forest Hill, Maryland. 2003-Present
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (CPR) Clinical Faculty – American Heart Association (AHA), Paramedical Personnel of Maryland (PPM), Forest Hill, Maryland. 2001-Present
- Charter Member – Sigma Theta Tau, International Honor Society of Nursing, Rho Epsilon Chapter, Stevenson University, Stevenson, Maryland.
- Member – Maryland Center for School Safety Advisory Board (Governor’s Appointment) Representing Maryland Institute for Emergency Medical Services (MIEMSS)
- Member – State Child Fatality Review Team (Governor’s Appointment), Maryland Department of Health (MDH)
- Member – Pediatric emergency Medical Advisory Committee (PEMAC), Representing the Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE), Maryland State Emergency Medical Services for Children (EMS – C)
DISCLAIMER: The content of this faculty profile page was created, authored, and published by the identified faculty member. Stevenson University (SU) makes absolutely no guarantee as to the currency, accuracy, or quality of information published. The views and opinions expressed on this page or any links made available are strictly those of the author and do not necessarily state or reflect those of SU. The content of this profile page has not been reviewed or approved by Stevenson University.