Elena Volkova M.F.A.
- M.F.A., Studio Arts; Maryland Institute College of Art,
- B.F.A., Photography; Maryland Institute College of Art
- Ten Frames per Second, Photojournalism Podcast; co-host with Joseph M. Giordano, Loyola University WLOY station (2016 – present)
- Hamiltonian Gallery, Mentor (2017)
- Project Line 180, Conversations with artists, web series; producer (2014 – present)
- The Good Breast, documentary film directed by Bernadete Wegenstein; photographer (2014)
- The Big Table Connection, Visiting Artist, Baltimore Museum of Art (2013)
- Maryland Institute College of Art; MFA visiting critic (2012)
- Portrait and Event Photography (2004 – present)
Elena Volkova’s work follows post-minimalist aesthetic and focuses on liminal space, bringing attention to the everyday overlooked moments and addressing viewer’s interaction with an art space. Volkova’s work has been a part of the Art in Embassies program, and has been exhibited in Sri Lanka and Myanmar, in addition to numerous local and national exhibitions. At Hamiltonian Gallery, Elena created and organized panel discussions On Drawing, Site Specificity, and Questioning Photography, which focused on contemporary art practices. She has been a producer on Project Line 180, a series of video interviews with artists in the Baltimore-Washington region, and co-hosts a Photojournalism podcast, Ten Frames Per Second.
- Stevenson University Photography, AVCD Assistant Professor and Photography Course Coordinator (2014 – present)
- Goucher College Photography, Adjunct Photography Professor (2008 – 2013)
- Seton Keough High School Art Teacher: Photography, Drawing, Ceramics, Design (2003 – 2014)
- Our Many Ways of Being Faculty Collective
- Photography Club Coordinator
DISCLAIMER: The content of this faculty profile page was created, authored, and published by the identified faculty member. Stevenson University (SU) makes absolutely no guarantee as to the currency, accuracy, or quality of information published. The views and opinions expressed on this page or any links made available are strictly those of the author and do not necessarily state or reflect those of SU. The content of this profile page has not been reviewed or approved by Stevenson University.