Amazing commentary from this year's participants of Accounting Boot Camp! Many thanks to all of those who participated and made the event a tremendous success! See video below.
Have a Question?
Owings Mills Campus
Garrison Hall North, Second Floor
Brown School of Business and Leadership
Stevenson University Career Services hosted a Professional Minors Speaker Panel on October 2, 2018. This session focused on commercial real estate careers with panelists: Danielle Beyrodt, Vice President of Hill Management Services, Inc., Bill Holzman, Vice President of Retail Leasing St. John Properties, and Tim O’Donald, President of Harbor East Management Group).
The Accounting Dept at the Brown School of Business and Leadership held a Pizza with Professionals event on September 27. Students were able to meet and talk with Alum Christie Stravino and Scott Guenther from Cohen & Co. to discuss their stories and careers.
Congratulations to Kayla Bias, class of 2019, who was selected to be this year’s recipient of the Maryland CIO Roundtable Scholarship. The scholarship is awarded annually to a BIS or CIS student who possesses leadership qualities and a desire to work in the field of IT management upon graduation.
Kayla is a senior in our Computer Information Systems program, in the Software Design track. She is also a BS/MS student, pursuing the MS in Business and Technology Management. Active on campus, she is a cross country and track athlete, Philanthropy Chair of the Student United Way Club, and a member of the BSU Gospel Choir. She is also a student tech in Stevenson’s Office of Information Technology.
Founded by Dave Hartman of Hartman Executive Advisors, the Maryland CIO Roundtable is dedicated to helping senior IT leaders increase their executive presence and find ways to add strategic business value to their organizations. Meeting monthly on the Stevenson campus, the Roundtable serves as a peer advisory forum where IT leaders meet monthly to openly discuss their unique challenges, and seek feedback and recommended solutions.
Kayla was introduced to the Roundtable at their monthly meeting on September 26.
Above is Kayla with members (from left to right) Ryan O’Donnell, Syed Faisal, and Wade Barnes of Hartman Executive Advisors, Kayla Bias, Dave Hartman, President & Co-Founder of Hartman, and Dave DeCillis of Cowan Systems.
On Monday, September 24th from 4:30 - 6:30 Brown School of Business and Leadership accounting students met with representatives form over 40 accounting firms and other organizations. Students were able to network with professionals to distribute their resumes and ask for career advice.
Firms attending the fair:
- Altus Group
- Cohen and Company
- Biegel Waller
- CliftonLarsonAllen LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Leary & Szarko
- Gorfine, Schiller & Gardyn, P.A.
- Gross Mendelsohn & Associates
- Office of Government Audits
- L.K. Benson & Company
- ClearView Group
- Mister, Burton & Associates, LLC
- RLH CPAs & Business Advisors
- Rosen, Sapperstein & Friedlander (RS&F)
- SB & Company
- SC&H Group Inc.
- University of Baltimore
- Weyrich Cronan and Sorra
- William H Davis
- Kahn, Berman, Solomon, Taibel & Mogol, P.A. (KBST&M)
- Gelman, Rosenberg & Freedman CPAs
- Berman Goldman & Ribakow LLP
- Stoy Malone & Company, P.C.
- Weil, Akman, Baylin & Coleman, P.A. (WABC)
- Castro and Company LLC
- Myers and Stauffer LC
- Handwerger, Cardegna, Funkhouser & Hurman, P.A. (HCFL)
- Varanko & Black, CPAs
- Loyola University
- Surgent Continuing Professional Education
- Cohn Reznick
- Shariden Consulting and Wealth Management, LLC
- CBIZ, Inc.
- French, Shepley & Strong, LLC
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC)
- Chapin Davis, Inc. (Responded they are coming but not heard anything since)
- E. Cohen & Company, CPAs
- Association of Government Accountants (AGA)
- Charles Schwab & Co., Inc.
- Robert Half (Accountemps)
- Stevenson University Online