Still time to register: If you are hoping to complete an internship this semester, there is still time! Deadline to register for a fall 2020 internship is Friday September 18th at noon!
Even though some companies are cancelling their internship programs others are offering virtual internships so there are still internship opportunities available for this fall and next spring. Just don't wait to apply!
And don't forget to visit the BSOBL Internship Information portal page for more info about finding and applying for internships.
Fall 2020 Internship Opportunities Accepting Applications NOW
imre LLC - Creative Intern - Fall 2020
We are seeking motivated college students for a paid Fall internship with our Creative team. The ideal candidate will be comfortable designing in Adobe Creative Suite. Good understanding of design principles, type, and video animation are mandatory. Illustration and photography skills are a plus. Read more and apply.
Have a Question?
Owings Mills Campus
Garrison Hall North, Second Floor
Brown School of Business and Leadership
Business Administration major Iliyan Slavov will begin a semester-long Program Management internship with the World Trade Center Institute on January 30th, 2019. Iliyan was also the recipient of the Geraldine and Sam Dell Scholarship Award in April 2018. He will graduate in May 2019.
Slavov credits his professors at the Brown School of Business and Leadership with assisting him with obtaining the internship. "...they help us build our paths based off their experience, wisdom, and observations about us. In my case, Dr. Leather who is my advisor mentioned the WTCI a couple of times since we started talking about possible internships during the winter of 2018" he said.
To apply for the internship, Iliyan submitted his resume, a cover letter, and answered some short questions before landing an interview in December 2018, and was notified in January 2019 that he was accepted.
As a Program Management intern, Iliyan will be assisting the Manager of the EDGE Program and Client Services and the Assistant Manager of Operations and Program Support. The EDGE program is WTCI's Emerging and Developing Global Executive Program which has a mission "to cultivate a group of emerging global executives in Baltimore who will ultimately contribute to greater success and growth for Baltimore area international businesses" according to the WTCI website.
Iliyan will also be performing research and analysis on Maryland’s top international companies/industries and strategic alliances, as well as researching potential new sources of revenue for the EDGE program.
"I am very thankful to Dr. Leather - she and I worked closely on this internship application - for all of her help, support, and confidence in me. Also, I am super excited to start this new chapter of my life!" says Iliyan.
On Monday, September 24th from 4:30 - 6:30 Brown School of Business and Leadership accounting students met with representatives form over 40 accounting firms and other organizations. Students were able to network with professionals to distribute their resumes and ask for career advice.
Firms attending the fair:
- Altus Group
- Cohen and Company
- Biegel Waller
- CliftonLarsonAllen LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Leary & Szarko
- Gorfine, Schiller & Gardyn, P.A.
- Gross Mendelsohn & Associates
- Office of Government Audits
- L.K. Benson & Company
- ClearView Group
- Mister, Burton & Associates, LLC
- RLH CPAs & Business Advisors
- Rosen, Sapperstein & Friedlander (RS&F)
- SB & Company
- SC&H Group Inc.
- University of Baltimore
- Weyrich Cronan and Sorra
- William H Davis
- Kahn, Berman, Solomon, Taibel & Mogol, P.A. (KBST&M)
- Gelman, Rosenberg & Freedman CPAs
- Berman Goldman & Ribakow LLP
- Stoy Malone & Company, P.C.
- Weil, Akman, Baylin & Coleman, P.A. (WABC)
- Castro and Company LLC
- Myers and Stauffer LC
- Handwerger, Cardegna, Funkhouser & Hurman, P.A. (HCFL)
- Varanko & Black, CPAs
- Loyola University
- Surgent Continuing Professional Education
- Cohn Reznick
- Shariden Consulting and Wealth Management, LLC
- CBIZ, Inc.
- French, Shepley & Strong, LLC
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC)
- Chapin Davis, Inc. (Responded they are coming but not heard anything since)
- E. Cohen & Company, CPAs
- Association of Government Accountants (AGA)
- Charles Schwab & Co., Inc.
- Robert Half (Accountemps)
- Stevenson University Online
The Independent College Fund (I-FUND) is overseeing the application process for the National Security Scholars Program (NSSP). This program provides:
- assistance with processing towards a national security clearance
- provide you with the opportunity to explore a career in national security
- arrange for a paid internship opportunity within the defense and intelligence industry
- scholarship for 2019-20 school year
Representatives from I-FUND and industry partners will be participating in a presentation at Stevenson University.
Tuesday, September 4th, 2018
Conference Rm. A
Criteria and application can be found here: http://www.micua.org/index.php/national-security-scholars-program.
Deadline Wednesday, October 17, 2018 to Jamie Cardillo, Financial Aid Office, Stevenson University.
Final electronic submission no later than Friday, October 19th.
If you are interested in applying for the scholarship and you have questions, please contact Jamie Cardillo, Financial Aid Office (443-352-4295) for further details.
The following Business Administration students completed internships over the summer:
- Kyle M. Bergen - Lawrence Township Police Dept,
- Adam Cullison - Paradigm Software, LLC.,
- Jonathan Lugo - Baltimore Orioles
- Kylie Schade - Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation in the Office of Small Business Regulatory Assistance
The following Digital Marketing students completed internships over the summer:
- McKenna DeBandi - Varen Technologies, Inc.
- Tom Mclean - ZeroVU Recording Studio
- Jordan Moore – Factory Athletics, The Baseball Factory, Inc.
- Erin Stephey - Stevenson University, Campus Recreation
- Doug Vaughan - Cerebro Capital.