Have a Question?
The Office of Sponsored Programs and Research (OSPR) has a dedicated team of professionals whose mission is to support students and faculty members in their work of scholarship and research.
Located on the first floor of the Dawson Center on the Greenspring Campus, we offer a host of resources and activities to help students and faculty members advance their scholarship and research interests.
Stevenson University provides all members of the university (faculty, administrators, staff, and students) with Enhanced Institutional Membership for the Council of Undergraduate Research (CUR). The mission of CUR is to “support and promote high-quality undergraduate student-faculty collaborative research and scholarship.” We encourage you to utilize this organization as a valuable resource.
The mission of the Office of Sponsored Programs and Research is to:
- Identify and disseminate grant opportunities to faculty and staff.
- Assist faculty and staff in grant proposal preparation.
- Foster collaborations with local institutions, government research facilities, and private industry.
- Connect students with appropriate summer research opportunities.
- Provide pre-award and post-award oversight.
- Support faculty development.
The Office of Sponsored Programs and Research:
- Sponsors writing and grants training workshops.
- Administers internal and external awards.
- Assists in finding grant opportunities.
- Ensures compliance with sponsor agency requirements.
- Assists students to identify and secure summer research opportunities.
- Administer faculty conference funding.
- Administer internal faculty grants.
The office of Sponsored Programs and Research is supported in part by a Biomedical/Biobehavioral Research Administration Development (BRAD) Award (5G11HD052358) from the National Institute of Health through the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD), the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), and the Fogarty International Center (FIC).The specific aims of this grant are to improve, strengthen, and expand Stevenson University’s research administration functions.
Read more information about the BRAD award program.