Have a question?
Stevenson, MD 21153
Office of the Registrar
Visiting the Registrar’s Office
Due to COVID-19 Coronavirus precautions and procedures, we are currently seeing students and other visitors in the office by appointment ONLY. We are also available to assist you by phone at 443-334-2206. We will do our best to answer all inquiries as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience, understanding, and cooperation.Schedule an appointment
Stevenson students seeking information, forms, and documents from the Office of the Registrar should use the SUNow Portal.
The Office of the Registrar is located in the Dawson Center on the Greenspring Campus. The Registrar manages many administrative processes related to academics at Stevenson University.
- Celebrating the Class of 2020 - Graduates and Honors
- Schedule of Classes
- Important Academic Dates
- Enrollment Calendar
- University Catalog
- Registration Guide
- Transfer Credit Evaluation
- Articulation Agreements
- Achievement Lists
Students begin the graduation process by applying for graduation using the WebXpress link on the SUNow Portal. For those who plan to graduate in May or August, an application should be submitted during the fall semester. Additional information can be found as soon as it is available on our Commencement pages linked below.
Diplomas are sent via standard U.S. mail approximately one month after degree completion. Diplomas are sent after all final grades are received and degree requirements are confirmed complete.
Diplomas may be held if there is an outstanding balance with Student Accounts. If you have questions, contact the Office of Student Accounts, 443-334-3500.
The official academic transcript, not the diploma, is considered the certifying document to verify a degree. Graduates will be issued one diploma. Additional copies will not be provided, however, a replacement diploma may be requested by alumni. Replacement diplomas may be requested due to the name change from Villa Julie College to Stevenson University, due to an official personal name change, or due to a lost or damaged diploma. The replacement diploma may only be requested by the alumnus in writing using the Replacement Diploma Order Form. The fee for a replacement diploma is $30. Please note: Effective Fall 2008, all replacement diplomas will feature Stevenson University, even if the degree was earned prior to the name change.
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) (20 U.S.C. § 1232g; 34 CFR Part 99) requires institutions to protect a student’s educational record. Stevenson University students can choose to allow other people access to certain areas of their education record. The phrase used to indicate this is “granting proxy access”; the person getting access is referred to as the “proxy.” Students usually grant this access to parents, guardians, or spouses. A student is also able to designate multiple proxies and to specify the type of access each proxy may have.
Once Proxy Access is assigned by the student, the person receiving the access can see the specified information, and the University is authorized to speak regarding this information to the proxy. Please remember, the proxy access is determined by the student. If the student gives proxy access only to Student Finance, then the proxy will not be able to view Grades.
If a student has previously given access to a proxy through WebXpress Parent/Guardian Menu or the FERPA Release Form on the Forms Menu on WebXpress, the student will need to give Proxy Access again using this new process.
The Office of the Registrar handles transcript requests for current students, former students, and alumni.
Current Stevenson students
- Mail Requests - Current students may request a printed official transcript through the SU Now Portal using WebXpress. Transcripts will be mailed to the address specified in the request. Transcripts are not available for pickup in the Registrar’s Office. Please be aware that there may be a longer delivery time with the US Postal Service for paper transcripts. We recommend ordering electronic transcripts.
- Electronic Requests - Current students wishing to order an electronic transcript must do so through the National Student Clearinghouse secure transcript ordering site.
Alumni and other former students
- Alumni and other former students may request official transcripts though the National Student Clearinghouse secure transcript ordering site. Please be aware that there may be a longer delivery time with the US Postal Service for paper transcripts. We recommend ordering electronic transcripts.