Skip Navigation

Have a question?

Office of the Registrar
1525 Greenspring Valley Road
Stevenson, MD 21153
Phone: 443-334-2206
Fax: 443-334-2623
Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.



Office of the Registrar

Visiting the Registrar’s Office

Due to COVID-19 Coronavirus precautions and procedures, we are currently seeing students and other visitors in the office by appointment ONLY. We are also available to assist you by phone at 443-334-2206. We will do our best to answer all inquiries as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience, understanding, and cooperation.​

Schedule an appointment


Current Students

Stevenson students seeking information, forms, and documents from the Office of the Registrar should use the SUNow Portal.

SUNow Portal

The Office of the Registrar is located in the Dawson Center on the Greenspring Campus. The Registrar manages many administrative processes related to academics at Stevenson University.





Students begin the graduation process by applying for graduation using the WebXpress link on the SUNow Portal. For those who plan to graduate in May or August, an application should be submitted during the fall semester. Additional information can be found as soon as it is available on our Commencement pages linked below.


Diploma Information 

Diplomas are sent via standard U.S. mail approximately one month after degree completion. Diplomas are sent after all final grades are received and degree requirements are confirmed complete.

Diplomas may be held if there is an outstanding balance with Student Accounts. If you have questions, contact the Office of Student Accounts, 443-334-3500.

Diplomas are 11 x 14 inches in size. Frames are available for purchase through The Starting Gate - Campus Store at Owings Mills. Please call (443) 352-4062 or email

The official academic transcript, not the diploma, is considered the certifying document to verify a degree. Graduates will be issued one diploma.  Additional copies will not be provided, however, a replacement diploma may be requested by alumni.  Replacement diplomas may be requested due to the name change from Villa Julie College to Stevenson University, due to an official personal name change, or due to a lost or damaged diploma.  The replacement diploma may only be requested by the alumnus in writing using the Replacement Diploma Order Form. The fee for a replacement diploma is $30.  Please note: Effective Fall 2008, all replacement diplomas will feature Stevenson University, even if the degree was earned prior to the name change. 

Proxy Access

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) (20 U.S.C. § 1232g; 34 CFR Part 99) requires institutions to protect a student’s educational record. Stevenson University students can choose to allow other people access to certain areas of their education record. The phrase used to indicate this is “granting proxy access”; the person getting access is referred to as the “proxy.” Students usually grant this access to parents, guardians, or spouses. A student is also able to designate multiple proxies and to specify the type of access each proxy may have.

Once Proxy Access is assigned by the student, the person receiving the access can see the specified information, and the University is authorized to speak regarding this information to the proxy. Please remember, the proxy access is determined by the student. If the student gives proxy access only to Student Finance, then the proxy will not be able to view Grades.

If a student has previously given access to a proxy through WebXpress Parent/Guardian Menu or the FERPA Release Form on the Forms Menu on WebXpress, the student will need to give Proxy Access again using this new process.

Student Instructions – How to Give Proxy Access

Parent/Proxy Instructions

Transcript Requests

The Office of the Registrar handles transcript requests for current students, former students, and alumni.

Current Stevenson students

  • Mail Requests - Current students may request a printed official transcript through the SU Now Portal using WebXpress. Transcripts will be mailed to the address specified in the request. Transcripts are not available for pickup in the Registrar’s Office. Please be aware that there may be a longer delivery time with the US Postal Service for paper transcripts. We recommend ordering electronic transcripts.
  • Electronic Requests - Current students wishing to order an electronic transcript must do so through the National Student Clearinghouse secure transcript ordering site.

Alumni and other former students

  • Alumni and other former students may request official transcripts though the National Student Clearinghouse secure transcript ordering site. Please be aware that there may be a longer delivery time with the US Postal Service for paper transcripts. We recommend ordering electronic transcripts.
Request Info