All Students are encouraged to join any organization on campus and if there is not one that meets their needs they can form a new club.
Steps to forming a new club:
1. Make an appointment to speak with a member of the Student Activities Office about your idea.
2. Develop a club proposal including purpose of the new club and ways that the organization will meet the four foundations set forth by the SGA:
|Personal Development||Collaborative Leadership||Education||Civic Engagement|
|Social Skills||Communication||Academic intergration||Service|
|Personal skills||Outreach||Co-curricular information sharing||Activism|
|Advertising/marketing skills||Engagement across campus||Wellness programming||Environmental consciousness|
3. Find a faculty or staff moderator. Here are some helpful things to keep in mind when choosing a moderator:
4. Submit the proposal to the Student Activities Office.
5. Attend the next general SGA meeting and verbally present your new club.
The SGA executive board will then meet to make a decision and if necessary a second meeting may be set up to answer any questions which may arise. Along with SGA approval, two administrators will also be asked for their approval. Once this process is completed you are on your way! Good luck with your new organization.
What to do now that you have a club