Safety & Security
Stevenson University (Owings Mills) Housing is patrolled 24 hours a day by off-duty and retired police officers. SU Security can be contacted in cases of emergency, for evening campus escort, and lockouts.
To contact SU Security, dial ext. 4500 on campus or 443-352-4500 from off campus. SU Security can also be reached at 410-371-0750. For additional information, please visit the Stevenson University Security website.
Residence Life On-Call Staff
In addition to Stevenson University Security, Residence Life professional staff is on-call 24/7. Resident Assistants are on duty for the complex each night.
In case of emergency, call boxes and emergency phones are located at several places throughout the housing complex. Emergency call boxes are located on the Quad side of each apartment building. Emergency "blue light" phones are located throughout the parking lot which surrounds the housing complex.
Safety is Everyone's Responsibility
To a certain extent, the Stevenson University Housing complex will only be as safe as each resident decides to make it. Here are some common-sense safety tips to keep you and your neighbors as safe and secure as possible.
- Do not prop open outside doors or your apartment/suite door.
- Lock your apartment/suite door at all times.
- Do not allow anyone into your building.
- Do not give anyone your keys or access card for any reason.
- Obey the 15 mph speed limit around the housing complex.
- Park in designated areas only. Parking in a fire lane, near a dumpster, on a side walk, or grassy area may result in towing of your vehicle and associated charges.
- Don't walk alone. Call Security to escort you back if you find you have to park any distance from your building.
- Don't leave valuables in your car. Be sure to lock your car doors.
Have a Question?
10949 Boulevard Circle
Owings Mills, MD 21117