Have a Question?
100 Campus Circle
Owings Mills, Maryland 21117
Assistant Vice President, Multicultural Experience
Broaden your perspective
The Office of Multicultural Experience serves as a resource for all students, faculty, and staff in an effort to enhance cultural awareness and competence at Stevenson University. The Office of Multicultural Experience strives to explore areas of interest, provide teachable moments, explore differences and similarities, bridge gaps for better understanding and support students, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds, lifestyles, and beliefs.
What We Do
- Conduct workshops, retreats, presentations and seminars to develop awareness of other cultures and beliefs to contribute to positive dialogue on issues of gender, race, religion and ethnicity.
- Encourage students to participate in the annual exhibit The Tunnel of Oppression, which occurs every spring during Multicultural Awareness Week.
- Assist with orientation and retention of students of color.
- Promote dialogue on issues of gender, race, religion and culture.
- Assess needs for additional clubs, groups, workshops and events.
- Works with Academic Support Services, Student Activities and Residence Life to support the success and retention of underrepresented groups.
- Works with faculty and staff to establish academic, social, and cultural programs that will contribute to university life.
- Conduct events that will highlight Stevenson University’s commitment to diversity.
- Sponsor annual events to celebrate and embrace our similarities and our differences.
Stevenson University Diversity Statement
Stevenson University commits itself to diversity as it relates to awareness, education, respect and practice at every level of the organization. The University embraces people of all backgrounds, defined by, but not limited to, ethnicity, culture, race, gender, class, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, physical ability, learning styles, and political perspectives. The University believes its core values are strengthened when all of its members have voice and representation. The resulting inclusive organizational climate promotes the development of broad-minded members of the University who positively influence their local and global communities.