Stevenson University Online’s Secondary STEM Teaching & Learning Post-Baccalaureate Certificate program is designed for current middle or high school math and science teachers who want to expand their knowledge and practice of inquiry-based collaborative teaching and learning. Teachers in the certificate program will develop the tools necessary to design and deliver learning experiences for their students that are inquiry, project, and problem-based. Coursework can be completed online for this 18-credit hour cohort program.
The program provides teachers the opportunity to collaborate with a cohort of math and science educators to plan and implement integrated, multi-disciplinary lessons that align with NSTA Next Gen Science Standards, NCTM Principles to Action, and Common Core State Standards.
Master's Degree Option
Stevenson also offers an online Master of Arts in Teaching designed for math and science baccalaureate degree graduates interested in pursuing teaching as a career.
Admissions / Tuition
Admissions / Tuition
- Completed online application.
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree in a math or science discipline or closely related field from a regionally accredited institution, or
significant coursework in math or science, and/or
professional teaching experience in secondary math or science
- Official college transcript from your degree-granting institution; additional transcripts may be required to demonstrate satisfaction of program-specific prerequisites or at the discretion of the Admissions Committee
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in past academic work
- Professional resume including experience teaching secondary math or science
- Two letters of recommendation
- Personal statement.
Tuition Per Credit $475.00 Cost Per Course
Stevenson University Online has simplified the cost of your education by eliminating all fees.
FacultyAnne P. Davis (2014)
Associate Dean and Professor, Graduate Education
B.S., Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
M.S., Cornell University
D.M., University of Maryland, University College
Stevenson’s Secondary STEM Teaching & Learning Post-Baccalaureate Certificate is an online 18-credit hour cohort program. A cohort model is one in which candidates begin the program at the same time and follow a sequential course track in order to graduate as a group.
The sequence of courses is listed in the Cohort Sequence Chart.
- ED 605 STEM Curriculum Principles and Practice
- ED 620 Literacy Strategies in the STEM Content Areas
- ED 625 Advanced Literacy Strategies in the STEM Content Areas
- ED 640 Methods and Technologies of Teaching Math and Science with a STEM Focus I
- ED 645 Methods and Technologies of Teaching Math and Science with a STEM Focus II
- ED 690 Issues in STEM Education