Stevenson University Online’s Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Population-Based Care Coordination program is designed for registered nurses who want to expand their knowledge and practice in the growing fields of population health and care coordination. The passage of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA) resulted in drastic changes in the U.S. healthcare delivery system and presented multiple challenges for healthcare providers. Among these challenges included the need for expert care coordination by knowledgeable providers who are well acquainted with the complexities of healthcare delivery systems, insurance policies, and the varied needs of clients.
The Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Population-Based Care Coordination program provides nurses the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care coordination services for diverse populations. Coursework can be completed entirely online for this 15-credit hour program. Registered nurses prepared at the bachelor's or master's level are eligible to enroll into Stevenson's Certificate in Population-Based Care Coordination.
Master's Degree Option
Stevenson also offers an online master's in Nursing with concentrations in Nursing Education, Nursing Leadership/Management, and Population-Based Care Coordination.
Admissions / Tuition
Admissions / Tuition
- Completed online application.
- Completion of a bachelor's degree in nursing from a regionally accredited institution.
- Current registered nurse’s license in good standing.
- Official college transcript from your degree-granting institution; additional transcripts may be required to demonstrate satisfaction of program-specific prerequisites or at the discretion of the Admissions Committee.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in past academic work.
- Personal statement.
- Two Professional Letters of Recommendation Recommendation Form
- Resume of professional experience.
Tuition Per Credit $625.00 Cost Per Course
Stevenson University Online has simplified the cost of your education by eliminating all fees.
FacultyJudith A. Feustle, RN, Sc.D. (1991)
Associate Dean of Nursing
B.S.N, The University of Maryland School of Nursing
M.Ed., The Johns Hopkins University
M.S., The University of Maryland School of Nursing
Sc.D, The Johns Hopkins University School of Hygiene and Public Health
Stevenson’s Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Population-Based Care Coordination is an online 15-credit hour program.
- NURS 547 Global Health Care Perspectives
- NURS 670 Communication and Conflict Resolution
- NURS 610 Advanced Pathophysiology and Pharmacology
- NURS 672 Population-based Care: Vulnerable Populations
- NURS 674 Professional/Legal Issues in Population-based Care