Stevenson University Online Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Literacy Education is designed to equip classroom teachers with the knowledge, skills, and strategies to increase student success for all learners. In the current educational landscape, classroom teachers are tasked with helping learners develop 21st century skills of critical thinking, problem-solving, and collaboration while they are simultaneously required to evolve their skills and develop new strategies for addressing the emerging issues in literacy education.
Upon completion of the certificate program, teachers will have the ability to evaluate learners’ literacy performance through fair assessment tools that will enable them to then design and implement integrated, comprehensive, and balanced curriculum to support learners’ literacy needs. Teachers will be able to integrate digital technologies and print resources to connect with learners in a literacy rich learning environment while engaging learners in literacy practices that develop awareness, respect, and a valuing of differences in our society. Certificate graduates will meet the Maryland State Department of Education’s (MSDE) coursework requirements to add Reading Teacher endorsement to their professional teaching certification.
Admissions / Tuition
Admissions / Tuition
- Completed online application.
- Completion of bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Official college transcript from your degree-granting institution; additional transcripts may be required to demonstrate satisfaction of program-specific prerequisites or at the discretion of the Admissions Committee.
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in past academic work.
- One letter of recommendation.
- Personal statement.
Tuition Per Credit $495.00 Cost Per Course
Stevenson University Online has simplified the cost of your education by eliminating all fees.
FacultyAnne P. Davis (2014)
Associate Dean and Professor, Graduate Education
B.S., Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
M.S., Cornell University
D.M., University of Maryland, University College
Stevenson's Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Literacy Education is an online 15-credit hour program.
- LTED 603 Foundations of Literacy
- LTED 611 Literacy Assessment
- LTED 621 Culturally Responsive Literacy
- LTED 623 Digital Literacy and Media
- LTED 701 Literacy Capstone