Associate to Bachelor's (ATB) in Nursing
- Program Overview
Stevenson-Associate to Bachelor's Partnership
Students accepted into the Associate to Bachelor's (ATB) option may begin courses toward a baccalaureate degree in nursing through Stevenson's ATB option while they are simultaneously completing their associate degree in nursing. Stevenson University's ATB option is offered in 8 week sessions, with the exception of NATB 424 Health in the Community which is taught in a full semester. The program is flexible and convenient with courses initially offered in a hybrid format, eventually transitioning to a fully online format. Session start dates for the ATB option are specific to each community college.
For more information, please contact Kristin Richards at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 443-334-3340.
The baccalaureate and master's degree programs in nursing at Stevenson University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
ATB Nursing Partners
Already a RN?
Stevenson University Online's RN to BS in Nursing is offered to working adults who want to earn a bachelor’s degree to advance their career potential.View more information about our RN to BS option
Required Stevenson Courses
- GPS 200 Adult Learning Theory & Practice
- NATB 330 Physical Assessment (ATB 1.0 only)
- NATB 313 Professional Seminar I
- NATB 315 Information Technology in Nursing and Health Care
- NATB 414 Nursing Leadership for RNs
- NATB 415 Professional Seminar II
- NATB 418 Nursing Research for RNs
- NATB 424 Health in the Community
- NATB 434 Professional Seminar III
- NATB 312 Physical Assessment & Pathophysiology (ATB 2.0 only)
Non-Nursing Program Requirements
- Anatomy and Physiology I
- Anatomy and Physiology II
- Composition & Writing from Sources
- Human Growth and Development
- Introduction to Psychology
- Introduction to Sociology
General Education Courses
Through Stevenson University Online's Articulated College Transfer (SUO ACT), nursing students who have earned an Associate of Arts (A.A.) or Associate of Science (A.S.) may be awarded up to 21 credits towards general education requirements and electives in Stevenson University Online’s ATB and RN to BS options.
- Admission Requirements
What is a hybrid course format?
Hybrid courses combine face-to-face and online learning. Students will begin with onsite evening courses and progress toward a completely online program.
When am I eligible to start the ATB option?
This depends on the ATB partnered community college you are attending. All ATB partnered community colleges allow students to start the ATB 2.0 Option when they begin their second year of their community college's nursing program. Some ATB partnered community colleges allow students to start the ATB 1.0 Option when they begin their first year of nursing courses.
Details are available on our ATB website specific to your community college.
How long will it take for me to graduate?
Each student's expected timeframe to graduation is unique. We can provide you with an unofficial credit evaluation to identify your predicted graduation timeline from Stevenson University Online.
Why choose Stevenson University Online?
- Stevenson University has an exceptional reputation in the healthcare community of graduating nurses who are prepared for the rigors of the field.
- Graduates from Stevenson nursing programs have a high-rate of career success. Within six months of graduation, 94 percent of our surveyed 2015-2016 Stevenson University Online graduates were employed or continuing their education.
- Each Stevenson nursing student works individually with a Student Success Coach. The Coaches support students to help them reach their goals and accommodate their work schedules, financial situations, and family and personal obligations. The Coaches also help students create a path to graduation and assist them in visualizing and achieving their goals.
Who do I contact if I have questions?
Please contact Kristin Richards at email@example.com or call 443-334-3340.
Tuition (per credit): $396*
Students enrolled at partnered community college are eligible to receive Stevenson University Online’s Preferred Tuition Rate which includes the opportunity to reduce tuition costs by 20 percent. For a full list of our community college partners, visit our Partners page.
For more information about the tuition discount available through a partnership with Stevenson, contact Kristin Richards at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 443-334-3340.
Stevenson University Online has simplified the cost of your education by eliminating all fees.
*This represents a 20 percent reduction on tuition to all ATB students.