Community College of Baltimore County ATB Nursing
- Program Overview
Community College of Baltimore County Associate to Bachelor's Partnership
Stevenson University Online and the Community College of Baltimore County (CCBC) have formed a partnership that will allow students to expedite the process of earning their nursing degree. Students accepted into the Associate to Bachelor's (ATB) option of Stevenson's nursing program may begin courses toward a baccalaureate degree in nursing from Stevenson University Online while they are completing their associate degree in nursing at CCBC.
Stevenson University's ATB option is offered in 8-week sessions, with the exception of NATB 424 Health in the Community which is taught in a full semester. The program is flexible and convenient with courses initially offered in a hybrid format that transitions to a fully online program. CCBC students in the ATB option can begin twice each academic year in the fall and spring semesters. The program length is 10 terms, including winter and summer sessions and takes approximately three years to complete. Eligible CCBC nursing students have the opportunity to enroll in the ATB option and Stevenson courses either at the beginning of their first or second year of the CCBC Nursing program.
Stevenson University Online Articulated College Transfer (SUO ACT)
Through SUO ACT, nursing students who have earned an Associate of Arts (A.A.) or Associate of Science (A.S.) may be awarded up to 21 credits towards general education requirements and electives in Stevenson University Online’s RN to BS or RN to MS option.
Effective Spring 2017, SUO ACT is a new transfer pathway that enables students to easily transfer general education credits and electives into Stevenson University Online’s RN to BS and RN to MS options.
For more information, please contact Tonia Cristino at email@example.com or call 443-352-3336.
The baccalaureate and master's degree programs in nursing at Stevenson University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
- GPS 200 Adult Learning Theory & Practice
- NATB 330 Physical Assessment (ATB 1.0 only)
- NATB 313 Professional Seminar I
- NATB 315 Information Technology in Nursing and Health Care
- NATB 414 Nursing Leadership for RNs
- NATB 415 Professional Seminar II
- NATB 418 Nursing Research for RNs
- NATB 424 Health in the Community
- NATB 434 Professional Seminar III
- NATB 312 Physical Assessment & Pathophysiology (ATB 2.0 only)
Additional Program Requirements
- Anatomy and Physiology I
- Anatomy and Physiology II
- Composition & Writing from Sources
- Human Growth and Development
- Introduction to Psychology
- Introduction to Sociology
- Admission Requirements
- Acceptance into CCBC's Nursing program (selective process based on courses completed, GPS, and TEAS score)
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher in CCBC required admission courses
- Additional required courses (completed by start of the first nursing course) with a C or better:
- Chemistry (CHM 107/108)
- Statistics (MATH 153)
- Nutrition (BIOL 256)
- College Comp II (ENGL 102)
- Completed Stevenson University Online Application
- Personal statement
What are the Admission deadlines?
Fall semester Start: January 31
Spring semester Start: August 31
What is a hybrid course format?
A combination of face-to-face and online learning. Students will begin with onsite evening courses and progress toward a completely online program.
Am I eligible to apply as a current CCBC nursing student?
Yes, students who have been accepted into the CCBC nursing program are eligible to apply for the ATB 1.0 Option as they begin their first year of nursing courses. Students who are ready to begin their second year of the nursing program are eligible to apply for the ATB 2.0 Option.
What additional courses do I need in order to graduate?
We can provide you with an unofficial credit evaluation to identify your predicted attendance costs and graduation timeline.
Why choose Stevenson?
Our students have access to financial aid, flexible courses, and numerous benefits and amenities:
- Career services and educational programs to support Career Success
- 24/7 access to online and live tutors through our Current Student Resources
- 40 student clubs and organizations through our Student Activities Office
Who do I contact if I have questions?
Please contact Tonia Cristino at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 443-352-3336.
Tuition (per credit): $396*
Stevenson University has simplified the cost of your education by eliminating all fees.
Students enrolled at CCBC are eligible to receive Stevenson University Online’s Preferred Tuition Rate which includes the opportunity to reduce tuition costs by 20 percent. Stevenson University and CCBC's partnership is one of many relationships with employers and academic institutions across the region that offers ambitious individuals an accessible avenue for obtaining a valuable education. To see a full list of our partners, visit our Partners page.
For more information about the tuition discount available through CCBC's partnership with Stevenson, contact Tonia Cristino at email@example.com or call 443-352-3336.*This represents a 20 percent reduction on tuition to all CCBC ATB students.