About Stevenson University Online
Established in 1947, Stevenson has a long history of providing students with a quality, private education taught by faculty with extensive, real-world experience. Stevenson University Online delivers high-quality, career-relevant programs in a personalized environment. Throughout your experience at Stevenson, you will have dedicated one-on-one advising and small class sizes to support your career-focused education.
The cornerstone of our mission is an educational experience that embraces career planning while encompassing liberal arts, science, and technology. As a student or graduate, you can receive individual career counseling and coaching sessions from our experienced Career Services staff to help you to identify your personal and professional definition of success and the next steps in your career goals. We also have extensive resources available on career-related subjects, online and in print. Our sophisticated Stevenson Career Connections online system is available 24/7 and enables you to connect with numerous employers through job postings.
Our faculty and staff understand your need to balance work, school, and life events. Our programs are flexible and focused on meeting the needs of working adults. Whether you are interested in a new career or in advancing your current one, we look forward to working with you to achieve your goals.
Stevenson Online at a Glance
2015-2016 Academic Year
Total Students 1536 Undergraduate Students 749 Graduate Students 787 Male 22% Female 78% Maryland 92% Out-of-state 8%
Business & Technology Management 24% Communications Studies 3% Cyber Forensics 6% Forensic Science 7% Forensic Studies 23% Healthcare Management 5% Master of Arts in Teaching 2% Graduate Nursing 28% Undeclared 1%
Adult Undergraduate Programs
ATB in Nursing 2% Business Information Systems 2% Business Communication 1% Business Administration 11% Computer Information Systems 6% Criminal Justice 3% Interdisciplinary Studies 3% Legal Studies 7% RN to BS in Nursing 63% Undeclared 2%
Stevenson at a Glance
2016 Stevenson Students
Total enrollment 4,185 Male/female 33%/67% Pursuing a bachelor's degree 77% Pursuing a master's degree 12% Pursuing an adult undergraduate degree 11% Minorities 45% Maryland residents 81% Full-time students living on campus 45% Average first-to-second year retention rate 79.5%
2016 Faculty & Staff
Total faculty 523 Full-time 144 Part-time 379 Number with terminal degrees (full-time) 72% Student-faculty ratio 13:1 Total staff 580 Full-time 328 Part-time 252
Stevenson University is accredited by the following organizations:
- American Bar Association (Legal Studies Program is an ABA-approved paralegal education program)
- Commission on Higher Education, Middle States Association of Colleges and Universities
- Council for Standards in Human Service Education (Human Services Program)
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (Nursing Program)
- Maryland State Department of Education (Early Childhood Education: Liberal Arts and Technology; Elementary Education: Liberal Arts and Technology; Middle School Education: Liberal Arts and Technology)
- National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (Medical Technology Program)
- National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (Teacher Education Programs)
*All degree programs are approved for the education of veterans by the Department of Veterans Affairs.