Benefits You Can Count On
At Stevenson, taking care of our faculty and staff extends far beyond distributing a paycheck every two weeks. We take a great amount of pride in ensuring that you and your family are protected from life's daily hurdles.
Take a brief look at the basic benefits packages that we offer at Stevenson below, or download the My Blue U booklet for a more detailed look.
Our medical plan, provided by Cigna Healthcare, is an Open Access Plan (OAP) that helps you maintain a healthy lifestyle. Coverage includes preventive services; office visits, labs, and testing; emergency and urgent care; hospitalization; hospital alternatives; and prescription drugs.
Click on the links below to see the Stevenson Annual Health Plan Notices:
Stevenson University Health Plan Notices (July 1 -December 3, 2016)
Stevenson's dental plan, through MetLife, covers four main types of expenses:
- Preventive and diagnostic care (e.g. routine exams and cleanings)
- Basic treatment (e.g. simple fillings and extractions)
- Major treatment (e.g. crowns and dentures)
- Orthodontia benefit for children
This voluntary benefit covers an annual eye exam and corrective eyewear. Our vision plan provides savings on eyewear such as anti-reflective coatings, edge polishes, high-index lenses, photochromatic lenses, polarized lenses, progressive lenses, and UV protection.
Life & Financial Benefits
Life & Financial Benefits
- Optional Life Insurance through The Hartford Life
- Flexible Spending Accounts through Flores & Associates
- 403(b) Retirement Plan through T. Rowe Price and TIAA-CREF
- Basic Life Insurance
- Basic Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- University Medical Leave Program
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
Vacation, Sick, and Personal Time (for staff only)
We provide employees with paid time-off. Full-time staff members accrue vacation and sick leave each pay period and have two days of personal leave each year. Employees with longer service receive a greater accrual of vacation time.
Stevenson recognizes 14 paid holidays each year: New Year's Day, Martin Luther King Day, Holy Thursday (floating Holiday), Good Friday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Yom Kippur, Wednesday before Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving, Friday after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve.
As a Stevenson University employee, you are eligible for the following benefits at the University:
- Tuition Concession Program: Full-time employees and their eligible dependents may take undergraduate classes at Stevenson tuition-free
- House Keys for Employees Home Purchase: Employees who receive a Maryland Mortgage Program loan may be eligible to receive up to $5,000 toward their down payment and settlement expenses
- Direct deposit
- Credit Union
- University Store discount
- On-campus wellness activities such as yoga, aerobics, and sessions with a personal trainer
- Educational, cultural, athletic, and employee social events throughout the year
Blue U: A Commitment to Healthy Living
Stevenson prides itself on being one of the healthiest workplaces in our area. We've been twice selected for the Baltimore Business Journal's "Healthiest Employers" award and we're striving to not only maintain, but further this achievement. That's why we are offering our employees a great incentive to promote the healthy lifestyle choices we all value.
You have the opportunity to save money on your health insurance premiums by completing various objectives throughout the year:
- Complete a Health Risk Assessment
- Commit to participating in three wellness activities (examples include receiving a biometric screening, getting a flu shot, or pledging to be tobacco and smoke free)
- Offer up your own idea for a suitable wellness activity
In 2013, SU offered faculty and staff 95 professional development programs on campus, some of which are cohort programs, but most are open enrollment. Programs fall into the general categories of leadership, supervisory, recommended, skill development, and personal enrichment
- Each year, both full-time and adjunct faculty are offered sabbaticals, internal grant awards, and the opportunity to attend professional development conferences and workshops with their expenses paid.
- Stevenson has a robust leadership development curriculum which includes the Executive Development Institute for the Cabinet and Deans, the Stevenson Senior Seminar for Chairs and Directors, The Leadership Seminar for up-and-coming faculty and staff, which is led by the President and Cabinet members, Management Fundamentals for managers new to Stevenson, and the Supervisors' Roundtable, a case-based program for all supervisors.
- Stevenson offers all faculty and staff free access to over 3,000 online programs offered by SkillSoft and Lynda.com
Knott Hall, Rooms 101-108
General Info & Professional Development
Employment & HRIS
Jenna E. Holtzner
Compensation & Benefits Specialist
Tuition Concession Program
Antanett (Toni) Harris
Assistant to the Vice President for Human Resources