Bachelor’s in Interdisciplinary Studies
Stevenson University’s Bachelor of Science in Interdisciplinary Studies is designed for working professionals who want to maximize their prior educational experiences and earn a degree in varied academic disciplines tailored to their interests. This dynamic program is for students who have changed their major, attended several institutions, or have multiple educational goals. The program provides flexibility to students whose academic interests cannot be captured in a singularly-focused major.Working closely with a Student Success Coach, students have the ability to design a tailored course of study that enables them to have two areas of content focus (program cores). Program cores that can be completed through the School of Graduate and Professional Studies are Business Administration, Business Communication, Criminal Justice, Information Systems, Legal Studies, and Management. It is also possible to transfer a program core in a content area from prior educational experiences that align with a major or minor offered at Stevenson University. Students should consult with an Enrollment Counselor for more information.
Major RequirementsThe bachelor’s in Interdisciplinary Studies requires a minimum of 120 credits. The program integrates each of the chosen areas of study plus other degree requirements.
- 36 credits of courses selected from two disciplines, at least 18 of which must be at the 300- and 400-level, with a minimum of 12 credits required in one program core
- GPS 200 Adult Learning Theory & Practice
- INDSC 260 Introduction to Interdisciplinary Studies
- INDSC 350 Topics in Interdisciplinary Studies (6 credits)
- INDSC 360 Interdisciplinary Research and Writing
- INDSC 450 Senior Project: Seminar in Interdisciplinary Studies
- Completion of Stevenson University's Core Curriculum.
- Completed online application.
- Official college transcripts from all previous academic work.
- At least 15 transferable credits.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale in past academic work.
- At least two years of professional work experience.
- Personal statement.
Faculty within the Interdisciplinary Studies program will be dependent upon your choice of major. Below you will find the list of available majors and faculty within each degree.
Established in 1947, Stevenson University has a long history of providing students an affordable, private education. We offer financial aid packages to those who qualify, in addition to a reduced-tuition rate through partnerships with community colleges, healthcare organizations, and other organizations and corporations. For a full list of Stevenson's partners, please visit our Partnerships page.
The following reflects the total cost of a bachelor's degree if transferring in 60-credit hours. Students are eligible to transfer up to 70-credit hours from a community college or up to 90-credit hours from a 4-year institution if applicable.
The School of Graduate and Professional Studies has simplified the cost of your education by eliminating all fees.
Bachelor’s Program Cost Per
Cost Per Course
Total Cost of Bachelor’s
Interdisciplinary Studies $450.00 $1,350.00 $27,000.00*
*Does not include books.
Credit for Prior Learning
Through Stevenson University’s Credit for Prior Learning Program, undergraduate students are eligible to earn up to 30 credits for what they have learned through their previous work and life experiences. The School of Graduate and Professional Studies offers several options for assessing and awarding college credit for prior learning. For more information, visit our Credit for Prior Learning page.