Skip Navigation

Transferring Students

At Stevenson, our goal is to make the process of transferring credits as smooth as possible. We understand our students come to Stevenson with a variety of experiences and backgrounds which has enabled us to become experts at guiding them through the transfer process. Students are eligible to transfer credits in a variety of avenues with the School of Graduate and Professional Studies.

Transfer Process

Enrollment Counselors can complete an unofficial transcript evaluation for students prior to the their acceptance into Stevenson University.

  • Obtain official or unofficial transcript(s) from all regionally accredited institutions previously attended.
  • Send transcript(s) to their Enrollment Counselor at Stevenson University.
  • Students should allow 3 business days for evaluation to be completed.
  • Types of Transfer Credits
    Community College Credits

    Students may transfer up to 70 credits from a regionally accredited community college.
    Through our partnership program, graduates from partnered intuitions are eligible to earn a bachelor’s degree at a preferred-tuition reduction. Visit our Community College Partnership page for more information. 

    Four-year University and College Credits

    Students may transfer up to 90 credits from a regionally accredited four-year institution.

    International Credits

    All credits must be evaluated by World Education Services. Visit our Admissions Requirements page for more information. Students seeking an F-1 Visa are not eligible for admission to Stevenson's adult undergraduate and graduate programs.

    Credit for Military Experience 

    The School of Graduate and Professional Studies accepts American Council on Education (ACE) credit recommendations on military transcripts.

    Credit for Prior Learning

    Undergraduate students can earn credit for what they have learned through their previous work and life experiences. Stevenson University accepts CLEP and DSST credits with a copy of the official score. Visit our Credit for Prior Learning page for more information.  

  • RN Transfers
    Graduate and Professional Studies Articulated College Transfer (GPS ACT)

    Effective Spring 2017, RN to BS or RN to MS students who have earned an Associate of Arts (A.A.) or Associate of Science (A.S.) may be awarded up to 21 credits towards general education requirements and electives.

    Eligible students must send an official transcript to verify that an associate’s degree has been earned in order to be awarded credits through GPS ACT.

    GPS ACT satisfies the following courses within the RN to BS and RN to MS option:

    • ENG 152 Writing About Literature 
    • Fine Arts
    • Three Humanities Courses
    • Two electives

    Diploma students do not qualify for GPS ACT, students are required to have earned an associate’s degree.

    For additional questions about RN to BS or RN to MS transfer credits, please contact Carolyn Query at or 443-334-3335.

  • Transfer FAQs

    How many transfer credits does Stevenson University accept?
    Up to 90 credits from regionally accredited four-year institutions and up to 70 from regionally accredited community colleges.

    What are the transfer requirements?
    Students must have earned a “C” or higher for credit to be accepted. All courses must have been completed at a regionally accredited institution.

    Will credits be accepted from an institution that is not regionally accredited? 
    The transferability of credits from an institution that is not accredited by a regional accreditation agency may be considered upon receipt of a course description and course syllabus that demonstrates equivalency regarding course information and learning outcomes.

    Is it possible to earn credit for work experience?
    Yes. Through our Credit for Prior Learning options, undergraduate students are eligible to submit a Portfolio or participate in Challenge Exams in order to earn credit for work experience. Visit our Credit for Prior Learning page for more information.

    Is it possible to see how my credits transfer before I apply?
    Students can receive an unofficial transcript evaluation prior to the their acceptance into Stevenson University. Students will need to work with an Enrollment Counselor and submit their official or unofficial transcript(s) from all institutions previously attended.

    What is the difference between an official transfer credit evaluation and an unofficial credit evaluation?
    Unofficial transcript evaluations completed by Enrollment Counselors are subject to change and are used only as guidelines for students. Upon a students’ acceptance into a School of Graduate and Professional Studies program, an Academic Evaluator will complete the official transcript evaluation. Student degrees plans are based on the official evaluation.

    Will Stevenson University accept older credits?
    Yes, there is no expiration date for transfer credits.

    Does Stevenson University accept AP scores?
    Yes, students must have earned a four or higher and will need to submit their official results.

  • Request Info
  • best live chat
  • 1-877-531-7118
  • Attend an Event
  • Apply
Contact Stevenson's School of Graduate of Professional Studies
Contact Us
School of Graduate & Professional Studies
Owings Mills Campus
100 Campus Circle
Email Us