Did you know that Career Services are available to Stevenson graduates long after graduation? Whether you graduated last May or 5 years ago, Stevenson Alum are always welcome to come back and get help in their career management.
Job searching can be a full-time job and can be very stressful when you don’t feel prepared or don’t have your materials ready to go. Most professionals wait until they are near desperation to start looking and unfortunately it becomes twice as hard to help when you are in a hurry to find a new job.
If you're feeling like you are ready to move on to a new opportunity there are things that you will have to prepare for a successful, stress free job move.
The first step is to make an appointment! Our staff is available in-person or over the phone Monday-Friday from 8:30am to 5:00pm and Wednesdays we are open from 5:00-7:00pm.
Remember, an appointment with a career counselor is just the first step. Be prepared to come out of your meeting with a list. Seldom do we have a job for you, instead we will share with you the tools and techniques to be successful!
Here are a few things you can do to prepare for your appointment:
- Review your resume and update with most recent job (upload to Handshake for approval)
- Update your LinkedIn with your job title and description. Make sure all your content is up to date.
- If you are a creative, make sure to update your portfolio with recent work.
- Start a document with companies that might be of interest and who may currently be hiring.
- Create a first draft of a cover letter for some of the jobs you'd like to apply for.
- Make a commitment to your job search. Allocate several hours a week to research and applications to make sure you stay on track.
Ready to start? Contact us today. We look forward to working with you!