As we begin a new semester here at Stevenson University, the staff of Career Services took some time to reflect on 2016 and make a list of the accomplishments we were most proud of in the last year. As an office whose primary goal is to serve students in reaching their career goals, you can usually find us in counseling appointments, meeting employers about potential jobs and internship opportunities, in class presentations talking to students about building their personal brands, or around campus hosting a variety of events, and developing new career content.
While we do track all of our student appointments, events, employers on campus and more... our team felt that our efforts to increase access to career preparation resources for students, faculty, and staff was one of our biggest accomplishments.
- We officially launched the Professional Dress for Success closet for students. This enabled many of our students with financial constraints to find garments to wear during professional events.
- We grew and organized the Career Architecture materials providing more resources for students, faculty, and staff to use during counseling and in class presentations.
- We also updated the Veterans Guide to reflect new changes and grow into a more in depth resource. Come visit and get a copy!
- We facilitated countless interactions between students and employers with a variety of on campus events.
- We updated the career pathways into a more effective informational piece to support our outreach of prospective students during our open houses.
- We designed and developed a historic database which has not only cut down on reporting, but is also an invaluable resource for retrieving and recording where our students are and have been.
- and we designed and developed a digital career services event calendar for students and faculty to access from anywhere. Check it out!
As we begin the new year we have lots of exciting things underway. Stay tuned to learn about all our happenings in Career Services and don't forget you can always stop by and say hello, make an appointment with a career counselor, or get your resume reviewed during walk-in hours Monday-Friday 1-3pm and Wednesdays from 5-7pm.