Job Changing and Transition
Whether you are a recent alumni or one with a wealth of experience, career change and transitions can be both exciting and stressful depending on the circumstances of the change.
If you are actively career changing or in transition, this is a great time to stop and think about what it is that you really want in your next career or positon. The following are some reflective questions to think about as you explore your options:
- What are my strengths and values and how do I get energized?
- How are my strengths and values reflected in my current position?
- What do I enjoy and don’t enjoy about my current position or career?
- What lifestyle do I want to have i.e., more flexibility, more responsibilities etc.?
- How much time do I have to make this transition?
- What are my priorities?
- Will I need additional training?
- What is my professional brand?
- What steps are involved in making the change?
As alumni, you are able to able to access career services at no cost. You will work with a Career and Industry Specialist to help uncover some of the above questions as well as learn about career management and the tools available to you. Appointments can be conducted in person, over the phone, or via video conferencing.
To make an appointment, contact the Office of Career Services at 443-352-4477 or log onto Handshake to schedule your appointment.
Have a Question?
100 Campus Circle