Overnight Visits & Shadow Days
Our Shadow Day program is for all accepted students who would like an idea of what it is like to be a SU Mustang. By participating in Shadow Day, you will have the opportunity to:
- Have one-on-one time with a current SU student for the day.
- Have a delicious lunch in one of our many dining establishments (our treat!).
- Attend classes with outstanding professors.
- Participate in one of the many activi¬ties on campus.
- Have an informal tour of both the Greenspring and Owings Mills campuses.
To request a shadow day, please call Kelly Jerzyk, admissions counselor, at 443-352-4014 a minimum of two weeks before the date you wish to visit so that she can match you with a host of similar interests.
Overnight Visit Program
All accepted students are cordially invited to spend a day and night in the life of a Mustang! Whether you live a half-hour away from Stevenson or halfway around the world, an overnight visit is a wonderful way to find out if we are the right fit for you. You will have the opportunity to:
- Spend a night in one of our beautiful suites with an SU student
- Attend classes
- Dine in our Rockland Marketplace, our treat
- Cheer for the lacrosse team or attend a theater event
- Meet informally with students, professors, and coaches
- Get last minute questions answered by your admissions counselor
Whichever date you choose, you'll find two unique campuses that are alive and active. Visits run from 4:00 pm until 1:00 pm the following day.
All accepted students are invited.
On the day of your visit, simply check in at the Admissions Office in Garrison Hall at the Owings Mills, MD campus. Throughout your visit, you will spend time at both of our campuses.
Get Directions >
Overnight Visits are currently full for the Spring 2013 semester.
Follow these simple steps to schedule your visit:
1. To request an overnight visit, call Marty Schmidt, admissions counselor, at 443-352-4454. In order to match you with a host of similar academic or athletic interests, please schedule your visit a minimum of two weeks in advance. On-campus accommodations are not available for parents.
2. You will receive a confirmation packet in the mail that contains necessary forms and other important information.
3. Return health forms and waivers by fax (443-352-4440) or mail at least 24 hours before your visit.
4. Check out the Planning Your Trip section of our site for driving directions, local hotel accommodations, and more.