Transfer Scholarship for Fall 2017/Spring 2018
GPA and credits considered: Earned by February 1 for fall start and October 1 for spring start. Transfer students who have demonstrated significant academic achievement may be awarded the Stevenson University Transfer Scholarship. All eligibility requirements listed below must be met for consideration. This merit-based award may reach $18,000 annually for a maximum of four consecutive years. On average, transfer applicants who have completed 28 credits or more receive amounts similar to those outlined in the chart below. (Applicants with less than 28 credits or slightly less than a 2.8 GPA may be considered with outstanding standardized test scores and/or high school GPA.) All applicants are automatically reviewed.
Fall 2017/Spring 2018
|Cumulative GPA||Average Award|
|3.8 or greater|
3.5 to 3.79
3.35 to 3.49
3.0 to 3.34
2.8 to 2.99
Honors Incentive for Transfer Students
Members of PTK or another college honors society or program may be considered for the Stevenson University Honors Incentive for Transfer Students. Candidates must meet all eligibility requirements. This merit-based award is $2,000 annually for up to four consecutive years and can be awarded in addition to the SU Transfer Scholarship.
- Complete the Stevenson University undergraduate admissions application process, including all required admissions documentation, by May 1 for fall and November 1 for spring. Applications completed after these dates are considered for scholarships on a funds available basis only.
- No additional separate scholarship application is required.
- Receive acceptance to a SU traditional bachelor degree program, and maintain full-time continuous enrollment in a traditional, non-accelerated program.
- Must be first-time bachelor's degree-seeking applicant.
- If seeking the SU Honors Incentive for Transfer Students, provide proof of membership in Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) or other college honors program or society.
Seven Oaks Scholarship
Transfer students are eligible for an additional $2,000 award for completing a Seven Oaks Scholarship Interview at the Owings Mills Campus. This $2,000 scholarship would be included on top of any merit-based award received.
Find out if you qualify for the Seven Oaks Scholarship.
Transfer Fellowship for Fall 2018
Stevenson University's Transfer Fellowship recognizes incoming transfer students who have the potential to make a lasting impact on the Stevenson community as shown by their commitment to academic excellence along with proven leadership in scholastic-based activities, community service, and other extracurricular activities. Students designated as Transfer Fellows will receive a full-tuition scholarship for full-time, undergraduate, continuous, non-accelerated enrollment starting fall 2018 (renewable for up to four years). Applicants must complete the undergraduate application, including all required documents, along with the Transfer Fellowship application, both of which are available on the Transfer Fellowship page. The postmarked deadline for applications is Thursday, March 31, 2018.
Theatre & Media Performance Specialty Scholarship for Transfer StudentsStevenson University is proud to offer applicants wishing to major in Theatre & Media Performance an opportunity to compete for several scholarships ranging from $5,000 to $8,000. These major-specific scholarships may be combined with other Stevenson merit-based awards and are renewable for up to four years of undergraduate, non-accelerated study.
Transfer Applicants Eligibility Requirements
- To be considered for a Theatre & Media Performance scholarship, students must have completed at least 6 credits of college-level theatre courses with a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5.
- Students must have submitted all application materials for university admission, official transcripts from all previously attended colleges, the required essay, and schedule an audition by March 2, 2018. Learn more about applying to Stevenson.
- Finalist will be contacted to schedule an audition. Students selected for the audition are to present two contrasting monologues, totaling two minutes. One of the monologues may be classical, but not both. The theatre and media performance faculty will adjudicate the auditions, which will take place on Saturday, March 10, 2018.
Applicants Must Complete
- Essay: In 500 words or less, tell us what you hope to achieve by studying theatre and media performance at Stevenson University. This essay may be emailed to email@example.com.
Visual Arts ScholarshipsStevenson’s School of Design offers portfolio-based Visual Arts Scholarships to incoming freshman and transfer students who plan to major in Fashion Design, Film & Moving Image, or Visual Communication Design. Six to eight scholarships per program will be awarded to students starting in these majors at Stevenson for the fall semester. Awards are $2,000-$5,000 and can be combined with a Stevenson merit-based scholarship award from Admissions. Awards are renewable for four years.
After the submission deadline, all portfolios submitted will be reviewed and scholarship finalists will be selected. Scholarship finalists will be invited to campus to meet with faculty for an interview. At that time, finalists will be asked to bring a resume and portfolio. Applicants for Fashion Design will also be asked to bring two sample garments.
- Include a portfolio of 10 examples or up to ten minutes of time-based media including, but not limited to: fine art, design, digital works, fashion design, graphic design, film, animation, illustration, storyboards, or videos.
- Write an essay: In 300 words or less, please tell us what you hope to achieve by studying Fashion Design, Film and Moving Image, or Visual Communication Design in the School of Design at Stevenson University.
Transfer Applicants: To be considered for a portfolio-based scholarship, students must have all application materials for university admission, including the portfolio, submitted by March 31. Learn more about applying to Stevenson at stevenson.edu/apply.
Portfolios submitted after the above deadlines will not be given consideration for talent-based scholarships.
Submitting Your Portfolio
We encourage you to submit your portfolio to Stevenson for fall 2018 scholarship consideration. Students applying via the Common Application will also be able to access our SlideRoom page directly from their Common Application.
Please see the School of Design’s portfolio page for tips, guidelines, and FAQs on putting together an art and design portfolio.
Please direct questions about the visual Arts Scholarship Program to your admissions counselor.
Have a Question?
Owings Mills, MD 21117-7804