Transfer Credit Center
Transfer Credit Services
There are many resources to help you complete a bachelor’s degree at Stevenson.
- Transfer to Stevenson
- Transfer Credit Center
- Articulation Agreements
- STAR Program
- Transfer Scholarships
- CLEP Equivalencies
- ARTSYS - Search by your desired Baccalaureate major (RTP) and generate a list of Stevenson degree requirements and the courses that meet those requirements at your community college.
- Transfer Course Equivalencies Database - All courses that have transferred, their catalog year, and distinction (SEE/general education, core, elective, etc.).
- Veterans Support
Academic, Curricular Exams, and Other External Credit
Stevenson University’s Registrar’s Office facilitates the evaluation of credit for students who have earned college credit from another institution or successfully completed Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB), CLEP, and A/AS level examinations.
- You can also look up transfer course equivalencies for courses taken at a previous institution using our Transfer Center Transfer Credit Database.
Applicants’ Credit Evaluation
- Admitted students who have earned college credit in the United States and submitted official transcripts will receive their transfer credit evaluation with their letter or admission and may access their transfer credit evaluation online through their WebXpress account.
- If a student has credit from overseas institutions and has submitted WES documentation of this coursework, this process is dependent on the receipt of of the WES evaluation by the registrar’s office.
- Information regarding WebXpress is emailed to the applicant within 5 days of receipt of their application.
- Please note that a student’s evaluation is preliminary and ongoing. It is the applicant’s/student’s responsibility to submit additional official transcripts as external coursework is completed.
Transfer Credit Policy
A student desiring transfer from another college and admittance to a degree program at Stevenson University must submit official transcripts of all previous college records. The courses and credits completed with a grade of "C" or better at regionally-accredited institutions are transferable to Stevenson.
Stevenson University will accept a maximum of 70 credits from 2-year institutions. No more than 90 credits can be applied to degree requirements from a combination of 2-year institutions, 4-year institutions and non-direct classroom instruction (including CLEP, AP, and other nationally recognized standardized examination scores). A matriculated student must complete the last 30 credits of their degree at Stevenson University. The transferability of credits from an institution that is not accredited by a regional accreditation agency may be considered if the student provides documentation that demonstrates equivalency regarding course information, equivalencies, and learning outcomes. All transferable courses must be comparable to courses offered at SU. Classes that do not transfer include developmental/remedial, personal development, and orientation courses. Regardless of the number of transfer credits accepted, students must still complete the academic program requirements as shown in the Catalog.
For information about transferring credits from a non-United States academic institution, please refer to the International Students page.
Have a Question?
Owings Mills Campus
Garrison Hall North, Second Floor