Skip Navigation

Frequently Asked Questions for International Students

Q. What are the requirements for international students and how to I apply for admission?
A. Please see the admissions requirements for international students.

Q. What degrees are offered at Stevenson?
A. Stevenson offers a variety of degrees and majors.

Q. Does SU offer "English as a Second Language" (ESL) courses for students who lack the required English proficiency?
A. No, the University does not offer ESL courses. Applicants must demonstrate proficiency in English. Please see the admissions requirements for international students for further information.

Q. Is housing available?
A. Yes, housing is available for unmarried students without dependents.

Q. Do you have an international student scholarship?
A. No, however, international students are eligible for Stevenson merit scholarships.

Q. Is financial aid available for international students?
A. Most non-U.S. citizens and non-U.S. permanent residents do not usually qualify for need-based financial aid, other than SU merit-based scholarships.  There are exceptions.  Please contact the International Student Advisor to see if you may qualify.

Q. Are there on-campus jobs available to international students?
A. Yes, an F-1 student may work part-time (20 hours per week) during the academic year, and full-time (40 hours per week) during vacation periods and academic breaks. Please be advised that on-campus jobs are limited and that their availability is not guaranteed.

Q. Are international students allowed to work off-campus?
A. With authorization from the SU international advisor, some F-1 students may be allowed to work off-campus under very limited circumstances. International students should not expect employment to totally fund their education. Off-campus employment requires a special authorization from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service.

Q. Will I need a car?
A. A car is not required; however, the University shuttle only provides transportation between the Stevenson campuses and the Owings Mills Light Rail Station.

Q. Is there an international advisor?
A. Yes, there are counselors available to assist international students. Please contact the Admissions Office at 410-486-7001 or 001-877-468-6852 or .

Q. How much does it cost to attend Stevenson?
A. The cost of attendance at SU varies depending on your living situation. International students must submit documentation indicating ability to cover all expenses for at least one year, which includes tuition, fees, related academic costs, books, living expenses, transportation and miscellaneous expenditures, for themselves and any dependents. Please note that costs increase annually. Please refer to our Tuition & Fees and Determining Financial Aid pages.

Have a Question?

Contact Admissions
Undergraduate Admissions
Owings Mills Campus
Garrison Hall North, Second Floor

Email Admissions

Clery Act

Stevenson University’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available directly at  This report provides a detailed description of campus safety policies and procedures and includes crime statistics for the last three years.  You may request a paper copy of this report by contacting Stevenson University’s Security Office at 443-352-4500. 

Building on
Student Success

With about 800 student-athletes and some of the premier facilities in all of DIII sports, SU is a great place to pursue athletic excellence through 27 varsity teams, club level programs, cheer and dance teams, and a marching band.

Building on Student Success