Have a Question?
Owings Mills Campus
Garrison Hall North, Second Floor
Placement Testing Registration 2018
Welcome to the Placement Testing Online RSVP System. If you need to complete placement testing for Stevenson University, or would like to re-take the ACCUPLACER® exam, please review the three options listed below and answer the subsequent questions to either schedule your on-campus placement testing appointment, or register for remote placement test proctoring:
Note: When scheduling or registering for your placement test under any of the three options, you will be asked to provide your Stevenson student ID number. This 7-digit number beginning with a 1 or 0 can be found in the bottom left-hand corner of your acceptance letter.
Option A: Testing at Stevenson University (Mustang Monday)
Starting Monday, July 9, the Academic Link will offer free placement test proctoring, including exam re-takes, for accepted students. See schedule outlined below for further details:
- Mondays (July 9-July 23) starting at 11am; No student will be admitted for testing 30 minutes after their scheduled appointment.
- Mustang Mondays (July 30-August 20) starting at 1pm; No student will be admitted for testing 30 minutes after their scheduled appointment.
Please take note of the following if selecting Option A for your placement testing needs:
- Mondays (July 9-July 23): Placement testing will be proctored on the Owings Mills campus in Garrison Hall South at the Academic Link Learning Center.
- Mustang Mondays (July 30-August 20): placement testing will be proctored on the Owings Mills campus in the Brown School of Business Leadership building (basement level).
- If you are uncertain about which placement tests you need to complete, you can review the placement testing requirements outlined on the Placement Testing Homepage.
- Please remember to bring a valid photo ID for identity verification purposes.
- A confirmation e-mail will be sent following successful registration. Please contact Philip Gillett at email@example.com or 443-352-4123 with any follow-up questions or concerns about placement testing.
Option B: Testing at Stevenson University during Mustang Make-Up Days*
(This option is reserved for students completing their Make-Up Mustang Day orientation on July 11 or July 12)
If testing beforehand, either at Stevenson University or remotely, is not viable, students can consider completing placement testing the morning of their scheduled Make-Up Mustang Days orientation. Testing on Make-Up Mustang Days begins promptly at 11am (Transfers – July 11) or 8:30am (Freshmen – July 12) and must be completed prior to the course advising portion of the day’s program.
Note: Completing placement testing the morning of orientation can introduce additional stress to the testing environment. To better mitigate the potential test anxiety that can sometimes prevent students from doing their best work, Stevenson strongly encourages all students to complete placement testing before their Mustang Day whenever possible, either during designated testing dates on-campus (Option A) or remotely by request (Option C).
Option C: Testing remotely at your home residence
Stevenson University works with Examity online services to provide in-home placement test proctoring. Technical requirements for this service include: a working webcam, and a computer with a stable internet connection in a private location. There is also a charge of $25 for online proctoring appointments, which students can pay directly to Examity.
Please review the steps below to learn more about this service:
Step 1: Click the “SELECT OPTION C FOR PLACEMENT TESTING” button below, and complete the form as requested. You will receive a confirmation e-mail of this form immediately upon submission.
Step 2: Stevenson University will use the form you submit to create and send a remote voucher to the e-mail you request. The voucher will contain contact information and directions on how to schedule your appointment online directly with Examity.*
*Note: All requests are processed within 3 business days. If you do not receive your remote voucher within that time frame check your spam folder and/or contact Philip Gillett (firstname.lastname@example.org; 443-352-4123) for further assistance.
Step 3: Schedule your appointment online with Examity and complete the placement test; scheduling and proctoring directions will be included in the remote voucher you receive*
*Note: All technical and/or appointment scheduling concerns should be communicated to Examity directly: 877-238-0245. More information about appointment scheduling can also be reviewed online: https://bit.ly/2H0Y6Zy.
Step 4: Stevenson University will be notified directly when your exam is completed, and will follow-up with your score report and results within 3 business days of testing.
To select this option and submit your remote proctoring request, please click below: