Prepare for admission to medical school.
The pre-medical advising track at Stevenson provides those interested in pursuing medicine a strong foundation and introduction to the field. It also allows students to better translate their areas of interest into specific fields of study so that they may make more informed decisions upon entering medical school.
Please note: Students identifying a pre-medicine advising track will also declare an academic major. Students do not earn a “Pre-medicine” degree. Students are encouraged to investigate the many majors that Stevenson has to offer across our six degree granting schools. Students unsure of their academic major should consult with a Deciding advisor in the Office of Student Success or utilize career exploration resources available through Career Services.
Prepare for success: Stevenson's overall acceptance rate into health professions programs for competitive applicants during the past 5 years is 89%.
Stevenson is proud of its recent graduates and what they have accomplished. Their success is reflected in the places where they have progressed to study medicine, such as those listed below:
- Boston University
- Drexel University School of Medicine
- Eastern Virginia Medical School
- Edward Via Virginia College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Georgetown University
- George Washington University
- Jefferson University
- Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Temple University
- Uniform Services University of the Health Sciences
- University of Maryland Baltimore
- University of Pennsylvania
- West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine
Have a Question?
Owings Mills Campus
Garrison Hall North, Second Floor