Fashion Design News
Welcome to the 2016 spring semester! We hope that everyone enjoyed all the holidays, the long break, and stayed safe and warm in the blizzard!
We want to keep everyone in the loop regarding our upcoming events and some of the changes that have been made in the studio:
- Ten fashion design juniors and seniors will be showcasing their pieces in New York during the 2016 New York Fashion Week. The event will take place at the ArtBeam venue in Chelsea on Monday, February 15 at 11:00am.
- Students are welcome to join us on Monday, March 21st, from 3:00pm to 5:45pm, in the fashion design studio for a Fashion Styling Workshop, which will be conducted by Mr. Jason Thompkins, a noted freelance fashion stylist.
- On Saturday, April 30th, at 7 pm, we will present our 5th Annual Student Fashion Show!
- Several new working tables, cutting mats, and sewing machines have been added to studio to accommodate our growing program.
- Fashion majors and minors are able to access the studio 7 days a week from 8:30am to 10:00pm. Students, please take full advantage of the Open Lab hours!
- ...Click here to read more.
Qajar Art Movement Interpreted by Benish Masih ‘17
By: Ashley Ables
Walking into the Fine Art of Fashion reception was a feast for the eyes. Decorating the room were exhibits of handmade clothing designed by the Stevenson University fashion design students. With the help of fashion merchandising students, exhibit boards were created depicting a theme of either an art movement or an artist. Students from the Carroll County Career and Technology Center collaborated with the Stevenson fashion students to form a frame around the display of the apparel to match the art theme. ...Click here to read more.
“You know, you should go on that show. What’s the name of it? Yeah, Project Runway” is what everyone says when they first find out I design clothes. Secondly, they say, “if I were you, I would make everything I wear!” Really, when you are a one-woman show, you do not have that kind of time to make all your clothes. You want to clothe everyone else. You are busy trying to build your business, gain customers, and if you are a mom like myself, be the best you can and deal with that little thing called “life.” ...Click here to read more.
Have a Question?
Owings Mills Campus
Garrison Hall, Second Floor