Connect organizations visually and technologically to the world.
Most businesses today seek employees who can leverage the power of marketing via mobile devices, social networks, design, and the Web. Put yourself on a rapidly emerging career path with Stevenson's degree in Digital Marketing.
Bachelor of Science
Stevenson's new Bachelor of Science in Digital Marketing is designed to meet the needs of today's employers. SU's Digital Marketing program will teach you the interdisciplinary principles of marketing, business information systems, and visual communication, giving you the skills to exceed the expectations of employers. Stevenson's program has a distinctive career focus that encourages learning beyond the classroom. Through both classroom instruction and internship opportunities, students in the Digital Marketing major connect with current, real-world digital marketing scenarios.
What Will You Learn?
Coursework in the Digital Marketing program gives you a foundation to succeed in today's online world of marketing communications.
- Gain proficiency in digital media/advanced Web design and production.
- Navigate contemporary and emerging E-collaboration and social networking platforms.
- Understand the fundamentals of digital media and human-computer interaction.
- Develop a deeper understanding of strategic marketing, integrated marketing communications, the role of marketing research, and new media communication.
A complete listing of learning outcomes for the Digital Marketing program can be found in our Academic Catalog.
Why Study Digital Marketing?
Stevenson's Digital Marketing program can help you connect with today's new and emerging careers, such as:
- Social media marketing
- Digital marketing management
- Viral marketing
- Electronic customer management
- Electronic-based customer researcher
- Web marketing, writing, and analytics
- Search engine marketing and optimization management
Courses & Requirements
Courses and Requirements
The courses listed below are required for the completion of the bachelor's degree in Digital Marketing. Students must also complete the requirements for the Stevenson Educational Experience (SEE).
Specific pre- and co-requisites for each course are listed in the course descriptions.
- SBL 100 School of Business First Year Seminar
- ART 110 Fundamentals of Design I
- ART 113 Fundamentals of Design II
- CM 223 Writing for the Web
- CM 270 New Media Communication
- IAD 381 Dig. Media/Adv Web Desg & Prod
- INBUS 325 International Marketing
- IS 134 MS Windows and Office Applications
- IS 135 Advanced MS Office Applications
- IS 201 Management Information Systems
- IS 301 Principles of E-Commerce
- IS 320 Human-Computer Interaction
- IS 361 E-Collaboration & Social Network
- IS 386 E-Commerce Business Solutions
- MGT 204 Principles of Management
- MKT 206 Principles of Marketing
- MKT 207 Market Research
- MKT 311 Consumer Behavior
- MKT 336 Integrated Marketing Comm.
- MKT 410 Cases in Strategic Marketing
- PHIL 416 Business Ethics
- VCD 125 Fundamentals of Digital Media
- VCD 208 Web Design I
- VCD 270 Intro to Corporate Design
- VCD 308 Web Design II
- ART 390 Visual Communication Design Internship
- MKT 417 Senior Business Internship
Last Updated: 03/17/2015
Tracks & Minors
Tracks and Minors
A minor in Digital Marketing is not available; however, students majoring in other fields who have an interest in Marketing or Information Systems may consider taking a minor in those fields. Please see an academic advisor for more information. Specific information regarding minor requirements may be found in the Academic Information section of the catalog.
Last Updated: 03/19/2015
Calendar of Events
- Art Exhibition: Speaking Surfaces (Reception)
- Thu Apr 30
- Greenspring Campus
- Art Exhibition: Speaking Surfaces (Art Talk)
- Wed May 06
- Greenspring Campus
- Communication Studies Information Session - School of Graduate and Professional Studies
- Wed May 06
- Owings Mills Campus - Brown School of Business and Leadership
What Can You Do With This Degree?
Graduates of our Digital Marketing program embark on many rewarding career choices, including:
• Social Media Marketer
• Digital Marketing Manager
• Viral Marketer
• Electronic Customer Management
• Electronic-Based Customer Researcher
• Web Marketer/Web Writer
• Search Engine Marketing and Optimization Manager
• Electronic Display Advertiser
Curious about internships and job placement after you graduate? Visit our Office of Career Services.