Have a Question?
Owings Mills Campus
Garrison Hall North, Second Floor
Orientation Adventures is an overnight orientation experience for new students. The program is designed to give students time to build lasting relationships and connections prior to the beginning of the semester. Students will engage in group activities, attend multiple off-campus trips and make friendships that will last throughout their college career.
Registration for the 2017 Orientation Adventures program begins on June 1, 2017.
Register for Orientation Adventures 2017
You are about to embark on a great adventure as you begin your education at Stevenson University. The most exciting part of your adventure this summer can be getting to know other new students; returning students, and SU staff who all call Stevenson University their home. We are excited that you are here!
We hope that you will take advantage of this opportunity. If you have any questions regarding Orientation Adventures, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
We look forwarding to seeing you in August,
Dan, Jenna, Kathy, and Phil
Student Activities Staff
The Orientation Adventures program includes the following:
- Move-in on Monday, August 21
(For new students not participating in Orientation Adventures, move-in is on Thursday, August 24)
- Multiple trips (Hershey Park, Orioles home game, Baltimore Harbor and attractions)
- All meals and snacks throughout the Orientation Adventures program
- Two exclusive Stevenson t-shirts including a special shirt for the Orioles game
- Transportation to and from all trips
- Small group experiences led by current Stevenson students, OWLs, who loved their orientation experience and want to make yours great, too
*Orientation Adventures is open to all new students. Commuters, residents, and transfers are all welcome. Please be aware that only resident students will be able to live on campus during Orientation Adventures.
The Orientation Adventures schedule conflicts with practices for fall sports and marching band. It is, therefore, unlikely that students involved in these activities will be able to participate. Contact your coach/director to confirm your practice schedule, if necessary, before registering.
The cost of the Orientation Adventures program is $95 per student. Registration will begin on June 1. No refunds will be issued for the program. All students participating in the program must have paid their bill in full prior to the start of the program. All resident students participating in the program must have completed their Wellness form, had the required immunizations, and have a signed housing contract on file.
If you have questions about the health forms and immunizations, please contact the Wellness Center at 443-352-4200.
If you have questions about the housing contract, please contact Residence Life at 443-334-2588.
Please note that all resident students signed up for Orientation Adventures must attend all of the trips and activities. If you move into housing and do not attend all events or activities, you will be asked to move out of housing and return for the traditional move-in day on Thursday, August 24.
- Move-in on Monday, August 21
Monday, August 21 through Thursday, August 24, 2017
Registration for the 2017 Orientation Adventures program begins on June 1, 2017. More information will be coming soon. Below is a general schedule of events for the 2017 Orientation Adventures program:
Monday, August 21 8:30 a.m. -
New Student move-in (families and participants) 12 p.m. -
Lunch for Students and Families (families and participants) Orientation Adventures Programming (participants only) 3 p.m. -
Orientation Officially Begins Group Activities Meet Your Mustang Fun on Campus and Local Outings Tuesday, August 22 Orientation Adventures Programming (participants only) 9 a.m. -
Breakfast and welcome 11 a.m. -
Group activities 2 p.m. -
Baltimore Inner Harbor Trip 6 p.m. -
Baltimore Orioles vs. Oakland Athletics Wednesday, August 23 Orientation Adventures Programming (participants only) 9 a.m. -
Coach buses to Hershey Park, Hershey, PA Thursday, August 24 9 a.m. -
Orientation Adventures Reflection and closure (participants)
*Please note that Thursday, August 24 is Freshman Move-In Day. Parents are welcome to come back to attend Convocation and the President’s BBQ.
In an effort to ensure that everyone has the best experience during check-in, we have created a schedule that you can find below. If you find a conflict with the time period you were assigned, please feel free to email or call and let us know that there is a conflict.
Last names A-G will check in 8:30 a.m. – 9:15 a.m. Ratcliffe Community Center
Last names H-M will check in 9:15 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. Ratcliffe Community Center
Last names N-Y will check in 10:00 a.m. – 10:45 a.m. Ratcliffe Community Center
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to the Office of Student Activities.
Learning takes place not only in the classroom, but outside of it as well, and we are here to facilitate that learning. As Student Activities staff members, we engage students in events and activities that will help them build the necessary skills to gain employment after college.
By participating in Orientation Adventures, students will:
- Get to know other incoming students, current students and staff members on a personal level by participating in small and large group activities
- Become a part of a small community at Stevenson upon which to rely on for questions and resources relating to his or her success in college
- Gain self-confidence, communication skills, and problem solving skills by engaging in various group activities during Orientation Adventures
- Explore Baltimore area and local attractions
To make sure that you are prepared for your participation in the Orientation Adventures program, please make sure that you have completed the following:
- Paid the Orientation Adventure fee of $95
- Completed your Orientation Adventure packet including the waiver of liability and the behavior contract
- Paid your tuition bill or set up an approved payment plan with the Office of Financial Aid
- Completion of the Student Health Profile, including required vaccinations, My Student Body, and consent for the treatment of a minor if applicable.
- The Student Health Profile can be accessed here.
- Login using your SU Username and Password.
- More questions? Call the Wellness Center at 443-352-4200.
For resident students:
- Returned a signed copy of the housing contract to the Office of Residence Life
- Received the following vaccination:
- Meningitis vaccine
- The vaccination must have been received after their 16th birthday and after August 1, 2010. If it does not fall within those dates then they must get a booster shot.