Have a Question?
New Student Orientation
New Student Orientation is a three day program for all incoming students, including transfers and commuters, that takes place on campus. New Student Orientation begins Thursday, August 23th and continues through Sunday, August 26th. Each day is filled with educational, interactive, and fun activities where students will get to know one another and learn more about life on campus at Stevenson. Students will hear presentations on important topics like motivation, campus resources, how to get involved, sexual health and education, sexual assault, alcohol education and more!
All incoming first year students, including transfer and commuter students, are automatically enrolled in New Student Orientation. This program is FREE to all students. Residents will use their meal plans to eat throughout the weekend. Commuter students will receive a voucher for each meal throughout the program.
Participation in New Student Orientation is crucial to your success at Stevenson. As a reward for participation, students will receive exclusive giveaways from the Student Activities Office.
If you have questions about New Student Orientation, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing you!
View a detailed PDF of the New Student Orientation schedule.
New Student Orientation: 2018 Schedule
Thursday, Aug. 23
8:00 am - Noon Move-In Residence Halls 4:00 pm Convocation OM Gym Following Convocation President's BBQ NSO Tent 7:00 pm Playfair: Ultimate Ice Breaker OM Gym 9:00 pm First Night Welcome Social NSO Tent
Friday, Aug. 24
7:00 - 9:00 am Breakfast Rockland Marketplace 9:15 - 11:20 am The Stevenson Way See your OL for location 11:30 - 12:45 pm Lunch Marketplace 1:15 - 2:00 pm Everything You Need to Know About Title IX and Hazing OM Gym 2:00 - 3:45 pm Sex Ed Bootcamp OM Gym 3:15 - 3:45 pm Sex Ed Bootcamp Q&A OM Gym 4:00 - 6:00 pm Residence Life Floor Meetings Residence Halls 4:00 - 6:00 pm Commuter Social RC Banquet 6:00 - 7:30 pm Dinner Marketplace 8:00 - 10:00 pm Bingo Claire Moore Room GHS 10:00 - 11:30 pm Let's Talk S'more Garrison Quad
Saturday, Aug. 25
7:00 - 9:00 am Breakfast Marketplace 9:00 - 9:20 am OL Group Check-In See your OL for location 9:30 an 0 12:30 pm Resources for Horses School of Business Lobby 12:30 - 1:30 pm Lunch Marketplace 2:00 - 3:00 pm How Diverse is Your World See your OL for location 3:30 - 4:30 pm OL Group Debrief See your OL for location 4:30 - 6:00 pm Transfer Student Social Claire Moore Room GHS 6:00 - 7:30 pm Dinner Marketplace 9:00 pm - 12:00 am MAP Dance NSO Tent
Sunday, Aug. 26
10:30 am - 1:30 pm Brunch Marketplace 1:00 - 5:00 pm Off-Campus Shuttles Walmart, Target, Safeway, Bed, Bath & Beyond 5:00 - 7:00 pm Dinner Marketplace 8:00 pm Outdoor Movie: Avengers: Infinity War Garrison Quad
Learning takes place not only in the classroom, but outside of it as well, and we are here to facilitate that learning. As Student Activities staff members, we engage students in events and activities that will help them build the necessary skills to gain employment after college.
By participating in New Student Orientation, students will:
- Meet incoming and current students to build a strong support network during his or her first year at Stevenson.
- Build relationships with faculty, staff, and current students through programming and educational sessions.
- Learn how getting involved in campus life can ensure their success at Stevenson.
- Learn the do’s and don’ts of social media to help them maintain a positive virtual presence.
- Learn about safe sex, sexually transmitted diseases, and sexual health.
- Be able to use inclusive language to get to know people who are different from themselves.
- Be able to identify on-campus resources related to sexual assault and Stevenson’s policies on the topic.
- Learn how to get involved on campus including joining a club or organization, playing an intramural or club sport, or applying to jobs on campus.
- Understand Stevenson’s drug and alcohol policy, and learn about drug and alcohol education and how it impacts their college career.
- Be able to navigate Stevenson’s campuses successfully.