Earn a minor in music.
Students explore courses in musicology (music history), music theory, music composition, music technology, and performance studies. The music minor is for student musicians with fundamental musical experience.
The minor in music requires successful completion of a minimum of six courses and 18 credits with a MUS prefix: six credits of performance courses, fulfilled through ensemble participation, and twelve credits of other music coursework.
Students will take the following:
- MUS 170 Exploring Elements of Music/Hawaiian Ukulele
- MUS 201 Introduction to Music History
- MUS 260 Music Technology I
- MUS 275 Amer. Music Traditions: Hopi to Hip-Hop
- 6 credits of ensemble coursework from the following options:
Please note: Only 6 credits of ensemble coursework may be applied to a minor. Please see the Music program coordinator for more information. General guidelines regarding minors may be found in the Minors section of the catalog.
Last updated: 06/09/2017
Browse Available Minors
Have a Question?
Owings Mills Campus
Garrison Hall North, Second Floor