Stevenson University is the third-largest independent university in the state of Maryland with more than 4,100 students pursuing bachelor’s, master’s, and adult undergraduate degrees at two campus locations in Stevenson and Owings Mills. Stevenson’s comprehensive university model encompasses seven schools: the Brown School of Business and Leadership, the School of Design, the School of Education, the School of Health Professions (fall 2016), the School of Humanities and Social Sciences, the School of the Sciences, and the School of Graduate and Professional Studies.
The University imbues its emphasis on career throughout the educational experience, from coursework to experiential learning. In addition to providing students with a quality liberal arts education, the University also stays true to its tagline, "Imagine Your Future. Design Your Career." Stevenson graduates gain the knowledge and skills that they can apply to not just their first job or graduate course but also carry with them throughout their lives. This promise is made explicit through the Career ArchitectureSM model, which carefully mentors students through a process of learning who they are within a framework of theory, practice, and mentoring. Stevenson has historically high job and graduate school placement rates for its students, helping them find success by starting their careers or by entering graduate school for continuing their education. In 2013, the Maryland Career Development Association (MCDA) recognized the impact of the Career Architecture process by awarding Stevenson with its annual MCDA Organizational Career Planning Award. This award recognizes an institution that has developed an excellent program for career development within the organization.
Our University Model
Stevenson University has developed a comprehensive university model that encompasses seven schools: the Brown School of Business and Leadership, the School of Design, the School of Education, The School of Humanities and Social Sciences, the School of the Sciences, School of Health Professions, and the School of Graduate and Professional Studies.
Bachelor's Degree Programs
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Pre-Veterinary Medicine
School of Graduate and Professional Studies
With courses offered in the classroom and online, the School of Graduate and Professional Studies provides flexibility and convenience for adult students seeking to advance their careers by completing an adult undergraduate or master's degree.
Adult Undergraduate Degree Programs
- Business Administration (online)
- Business Communication (online)
- Business Information Systems
- Computer Information Systems
- Criminal Justice (online)
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Legal Studies
- Nursing: RN to BS (onsite and online)
- Nursing: RN to MS (onsite and online)
Master's Degree Programs
- Business and Technology Management (online)
- Communication Studies (online)
- Cyber Forensics (online)
- Forensic Science (onsite)
- Forensic Studies (offering six tracks and an online option)
- Healthcare Management
- M.A.T. in Secondary Biology, Chemistry, or Mathematics with a targeted STEM focus
- Nursing (online with concentrations in Nursing Education, Nursing Leadership/Management, and Population-Based Care Coordination)
Master's Degree Programs
Stevenson’s founding campus, the Greenspring Campus, is in the scenic Greenspring Valley. Although surrounded by horse farms and estate homes, the 60-acre wooded campus is just 12 miles from downtown Baltimore. Home to the University’s contemporary science laboratories, video and art studios, art galleries, the Guarnieri Sculpture Garden, the Menning Meditation Center and Labyrinth, and the 330-seat Inscape Theatre, the Greenspring Campus is one of the academic hubs of the University community.
Located just six miles (and about 12 minutes) from the Greenspring Campus, the Owings Mills Campus includes 13 residential buildings; classrooms and study lounges; the 10,000-square-foot Ratcliffe Community Center; Caves Sports and Wellness Center; Owings Mills Gymnasium; the School of Graduate and Professional Studies; and the Brown School of Business and Leadership. The campus also includes the Rockland Center, which offers a variety of food stations and seating options as well as meeting areas for gatherings of student clubs and organizations. The Brown School of Business and Leadership houses the business, legal studies, and information technology departments.
Adjacent to this campus is the Owings Mills North Campus, where the School of Design is located. In fall 2016, the University’s new Academic Center is scheduled to open on the Owings Mills North Campus. The University’s largest academic building will provide resources for the School of the Sciences and the new School of Health Professions, and additional space for the School of Design. The 200,000-square foot building will also include a Knowledge Commons available to all students.
Maps and Directions
Stevenson students have the opportunity to join one or more of the University's nearly 50 student clubs and organizations that range from academic interest to social activities. Membership in campus organizations helps students meet people, learn new skills, and network with professionals in their major. The University also has 27 Division III athletic teams. It also offers several intramurals and club sports teams for students to participate in, believing in the value of participating in organized sports to promote leadership, teamwork, and discipline.
Stevenson University is accredited by the following organizations:
- American Bar Association (Legal Studies Program is an ABA-approved paralegal education program)
- Commission on Higher Education, Middle States Association of Colleges and Universities
- Council for Standards in Human Service Education (Human Services Program)
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (Nursing Program)
- Maryland State Department of Education (Early Childhood Education: Liberal Arts and Technology; Elementary Education: Liberal Arts and Technology; Middle School Education: Liberal Arts and Technology)
- National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (Medical Technology Program)
- National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (Teacher Education Programs)
*All degree programs are approved for the education of veterans by the Department of Veterans Affairs.
Stevenson University’s Web TV station provides an in-depth look into campus life, academics, faculty, sports, and career preparation at Stevenson through original, fresh, and daily video updates.