Put the SU in Sustainability Challenge: Win $100
Are you a Stevenson University student who wants to help make our campus more environmentally friendly? Could you use an extra $100 in your wallet? If you answered yes to both of these questions, then this competition is for you!
What’s the Purpose of the Contest?
This challenge is designed to help make the campus more sustainable. Students should think of an environmental problem they see on campus and propose a way to fix it.
How to Enter
- Do your research: Keep your eyes open in dormitories, Rockland, classrooms, and other areas on campus to determine an issue. Also, talk to the folks in the Center of Environmental Stewardship for more knowledge on sustainable practices and to learn what their group does.
- Determine a solution: Once you determine an improvement that can be made on campus, come up with a solution.
- Create a proposal: Draft your proposal and submit it via email to email@example.com.
- Optional: Create a 60-second or less video to help support your proposal.
There are a few rules that must be followed in order to keep the competition realistic and fair.
- Your idea cannot require significant financial output from the University.
- Your idea can be either simple or complex, but it must be creative.
- Your proposal must meet the needs you have identified on campus.
Once all the proposals are submitted by February 10, 2017, five finalists will be selected to present to the SU community at the Sustainable SU Competition in Rockland Banquet Hall.
- Tables will be set out for any materials, including laptops and tri-fold poster boards, that you need to present to passersby during the reception.
- Finalists will also present their ideas to the audience in a 3-5 minute presentation. They will describe the problem they observed and present their proposed solution.
- Top Prize (1): $100
- Runner Up (1): $50
- Honorable Mention: (1): $25
February 10, 2017: Proposals are due.
March 3, 2017: Finalists are selected.
March 30, 2017: Final competition is held.
What are you waiting for? Get out there and start finding ways to make Stevenson more environmentally friendly! For more information on the competition, check out this flyer.