Policies & Forms
The Office of Sponsored Programs and Research (OSPR) would like to assist you in finding and obtaining funding for programs and research. This includes searching for funding opportunities, aiding in the application process, and assisting in the administration of any funding awarded. Additionally, the OSPR facilitates grant writing efforts through the formation and support of Peer Review Groups. Please complete the appropriate form(s) and return to the OSPR to aid us in assisting you.
External Grant Submissions
All research and non-research funding requests will use the forms listed below. Grant proposals must be routed through the Office of Sponsored Programs and Research (OSPR). Please consult the Guidelines for Requesting Grant Support for a step-by-step overview of the University's internal process for requesting funding from outside sources.
- Overview - Steps for Requesting Grant Support
- Grant Development Worksheet - Please complete and submit this form to the OSPR along with a copy of the program announcement (funding instructions) before you begin writing your proposal. Upon receipt of the Grant Development Worksheet, the OSPR and/or the Office of University Advancement will be available to work closely with the applicant to assure that deadlines are met.
- Grant Submission Cover Sheet - This form must be completed and attached to the hard copy of your proposal. Processing the application includes obtaining signatures from many university administrators and usually takes several days. It is, therefore, essential to provide the OSPR with a draft within ten business days of the grant proposal deadline.
- Guidelines for Funded Grant Proposals - Once a grant proposal is approved, the OSPR and the Office of University Advancement (if applicable), will work closely with the Project Director (PD)/Principal Investigator (PI) to ensure all conditions of the funding are met.
Financial Conflict of Interest Information
The following forms are required for all Government Funded Research and Projects:
- Financial Conflict of Interest Plan (FCOI) - This form must be reviewed, completed, signed, and attached to the hard copy of your proposal along with the Grant Submission Cover Sheet.
- Significant Financial Interest Disclosure - This form must be completed, signed, and submitted along with the Grant Submission Cover Sheet for review.
- FCOI CITI Training Course - Each investigator seeking government funding must complete FCOI training prior to submitting a proposal for government funded research or projects. Investigators must complete training every four years and immediately when any of the following occurs:
- Stevenson University finds the investigator noncompliant with its policy or a management plan.
- The investigator is new to Stevenson University.
- The Stevenson University policy changes in a manner that significantly affects requirements.
If your research includes human subjects, please complete the appropriate form and provide to Jeanne M. Geiger-Brown, PhD., Dean, School of Nursing and Health Professions, Chair IRB, email@example.com, 443-394-9818.
- IRB/HSRB Policies and Forms - All research involving human subjects must receive approval through Stevenson University's Institutional Review Board (IRB) before research may commence. Policy Manual IV: Faculty Policies, Appendix 126.96.36.199, Institutional Review Board contains additional information.
- Procedures for Responding to Allegations of Scientific Misconduct - This form is available in Policy Manual IV: Faculty Policies, Appendix 188.8.131.52.1, Responding to Allegations of Scientific Misconduct