Have a Question?
Owings Mills Campus
Garrison Hall North, Second Floor
Build Your Brand
You cannot read any career transition or job search article without a reference being made to professional branding or your professional brand. A career change and transition or success in your current position cannot be possible without clarity on what is your professional brand. Creating and building your brand is an ongoing organic process, so see it as a work in progress.
Professional Branding is definitely more than your online presence and social media, although that is important and necessary! It is also reflected in your resume, cover letter, your interviews, the way you network and your day to day interactions both professionally and personally.
Here are some components of building a professional brand and some questions to think about as you build your professional brand:
- Who am I at my core? This often goes back to identifying what your strengths and values are and how you are energized?
- What are my passions?
- What are my past accomplishments?
- How do my colleagues perceive me?
- What is it that your manager, colleagues, friends, and clients come to you for?
- What do I care about? For example what are my causes, values, work style etc.?
- What is your authentic self?
- What is my online presence? Google yourself to find out. Does it match your answers above? Do you have an online presence?